A Head Of Ethics Division is wanted for employment at African Union.
Purpose of Job:
To provide strategic leadership for the ensuring high standards of integrity in work processes required by the African Union and the established policies and procedures. .
- Manages and supervises employees within the Division with regard to the department goals objectives including performance evaluation.
- Designs strategies and policies consistent with the Department’s goal in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area.
- Contributes to the development of the departmental business continuity plan and ensure implementation at division level
- Manages risk within the Division and recommend mitigation strategies
- Designs and plans policy programs to achieve the strategies.
- Develops new and existing activities as components of the strategies and policies.
- Addresses problems in arising to current approaches to relevant area.
- Engages stakeholders in designing and implementing strategies.
- Represents the Division and explains its position at conferences.
- Mobilises funding to execute strategies and activities.
- Contributes to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitors budget execution at Division level.
- Ensures creation of an inspiring work environment to enable staff development and professional progression.
View Also: Full Time Job At World Vision
The Head of Ethics and Compliance has the following duties:
- Coordinates and oversees the implementation of the AU’s Code of Ethics and Conduct and relevant policies.
- Serves as focal person for Internal Ethics & improprieties, handling of allegations, complaints and conflict of interest.
- Formulates, revises, and disseminates ethics related policies in accordance with the common standards of conduct prescribed for all African Union staff members
- Monitors the observance of ethics related policies by staff members of AU.
- Designs strategies and policies consistent with the AU’s goal in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area.
- Designs policy programs to achieve these strategies, as well as procedures for the implementation of ethics policies
- Oversees the organization of mandatory annual ethics training sessions, and ensures compliance with the Code and relevant African Union regulations and rules.
- Develops and reviews relevant policies strategies to enhance ethical compliance in all union Organs.
- Provides guidance on ethical compliance.
- Drafts Annual Ethics Report
- Participates in management meetings and provide ethical advice.
The Head of Ethics and Compliance’s specific areas of responsibility are:
- Implements ethics policies and provides guidance on ethical compliance
- Receives, inquires and addresses complaints falling within the remit of the Ethics Office
- Superintends ethical compliance with recruitment and procurement processes and reports to the Chief of Ethics;
- Provides, in collaboration with the Chief of Ethics, the annual mandatory ethics training;
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Ethics Office and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct;
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure compliance with relevant AU regulations and rules
- Supervises Ethics Office staff members and report to the Chief of Ethics accordingly;
- Prepares, in consultation with the Chief of Ethics, Office work plan and annual budget;
- Prepares periodic reports on the status of implementation of the Code of Ethics and Conduct in the Union, relying on statistics of cases and maintains confidentiality of individual cases;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Ethics Office
Read Also: New Job Posting At Old Mutual
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Law, Public Policy, Public Administration, Governance, Corporate Ethics or related field with 12 years post qualification relevant work experience out of which 7 years should be at a managerial level with 5 in a supervisory role.
- Proven experience in policy formulation
How To Send An Application For Ethics Division Head
Deadline: March 31, 2023.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED