A Programme Officer- Customs is currently needed at AfCFTA.
Purpose of Job:
The Program Officer Customs will be responsible for the preparation, coordination and assisting on implementation of the AfCFTA Customs Cooperation
- Assist the Head of Division and the Director in implementing projects with Regional Economic Communities, State Parties and private Sector to guarantee custom enforcement;
- Support the Head of Division and the Director in developing sensitisation and outreach programmes and proposing corrective measures wherever necessary based on feedback received through the outreach programme
- Prepare documentation for meetings of the Sub -Committee on Trade Facilitation, Customs Cooperation and Transit
- Participate in meetings, seminars to enhance effective Customs enforcement and write minutes and reports of such meetings;
- Maintain and Update list of Customs focal points in Member State
- Monitor and Collate information on Customs modernization and new tools from international organisations that deal with Customs related issues
- Circulate documentation related to Customs Cooperation and Mutual Administrative Assistance to Member States
- Assist the Head of Division and the Director in monitoring the implementation of Annex 3 of the AfCFTA Agreement at national level;
- Prepare concept notes and annual work plans for the Division’s work/activities on Customs Cooperation
Check Also: Exciting Job Opportunity At DVLA
- Develop and/or finalize project work plan, proper documentation and reporting of all activities including any other relevant issues during execution of activities
- Assist in the development of a plan for project related monitoring and evaluation and baseline data required for impact evaluation
- Support and regularly monitor, evaluate, and report on implementation of international Customs related Conventions
- Ensure secretarial services are provided to concerned State Parties, partners, relevant Stakeholders and maintain regular communications
- Coordinate with team members including administration and finance, in planning and execution of activities
- Participate in different meetings, trainings, workshop and seminars as required for the organization of projects/meetings
- Prepare timely updates, and regular progress reports (project status & activity report, and other reports)
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience:
- University Master’s degree in Business management, Customs international trade, development economics, international relations, international business, international law, political science or relevant disciplines with two (2) years of relevant work experience. Supervisory experience not mandatory but an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Business management, Customs international trade, development economics, international relations, international business, international law, political science or relevant disciplines with five (5) years of relevant work experience. Supervisory experience not mandatory but an added advantage
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to work independently to meet critical and competing deadlines (multi-tasking), to produce high quality work in short timeframes;
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills,
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of common computer applications and systems;
- Excellent drafting, reporting, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong program/project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people and stakeholders;
- Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages. Proficiency of two or more of the other working language(s) would be an added value.
- Applicants must be proficient in one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish). Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
How To Submit An Application For AFCFTA’s Vacancy: Programme Officer- Customs
Deadline: April 10, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED