There is a new career opportunity for the position of Senior Salary and Benefits Officer.
Purpose of Job:
To provide technical support for the effective management of staff compensation and benefits and data validation of payroll processing to achieve the objectives of the AU.
- Provides technical support in the preparation and Implementation of programmes developed out of the Division’s strategic plan
- Ensures effective coordination and implementation of staff compensation and benefits at various levels
- Liaises with relevant stakeholders on staff compensation and benefits related matters
- Prepares and develops reports, budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Division
- Provides support to develop resource mobilization strategy with stakeholders’ coordination
- Manages, supervises, coaches and monitors performance of Supervisees by ensuing timely performance evaluation and compliance to the appraisal phases
- Conducts complex analysis and generates accurate reports in a timely manner for the Division and AU’s internal use.
- Liaises with the various Departments/Units of the Commission for coordination and alignment purposes
- Implements, monitors, and updates staff pay and benefits policies to keep them competitive and legally compliant.
- Continually reviews current wage rates and Staff regulations and rules changes, and competitor’s compensation programs.
- Streamlines compensation policies, programs, and procedures with the AU’s HR vision and overarching objectives.
- Provides advice to the management on salary and compensation in line with statutory requirements as well as the AU’s philosophy and guidelines.
- Participates in the compensation and rewards strategies that attract and retain talent.
- Performs salary reviews based on sector specific benchmarking to submit it to policy organs and ensure competitiveness.
- Oversees and periodically reviews the administration of benefits.
- Participates in and/or leads projects focused on continuous improvement.
- Ensures the timely process of the payroll
- Coordinates the provision of staff welfare (e.g., insurance, medical services, pensions) of local and international staff
- Provides advice and support to staff on welfare, benefits and entitlements related matters
- Oversees and ensures well-functioning and timely service delivery of the compensation and Benefits Unit.
- Provides advice and support to managers and staff on welfare, entitlement and benefits matters.
- Serves as main point of contact with external suppliers (i.e., insurance companies)
- Monitors the current staff compensation schemes proper application and evaluates the schemes to ensure value for money services as well as competitiveness of proposed scheme in comparison to the current market.
- Provides support for the evaluation of pension and insurance schemes Assist in the promotion of awareness of pension and its regulations;
- Develops or reviews the Education Allowance Policy to provide guidance while insuring adherence to the Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Ensures timely review of salary, allowances and benefits through engagement of consultancy firm and provision of necessary information and data.
- Provides support for the development, review and issuance of standard operating procedures and training programs.
Suggested Post:Standard Chartered Bank Work Opportunity
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources management, Financial Management or Accounting with at least 7 years progressively responsible experience in payroll administration out of which 3 years at supervisory role preferably in international organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources management, Financial Management or accounting with at least 10 years progressively responsible experience in payroll administration out of which 3 years at supervisory role in preferably international organization.
- Professional certification in finance related qualifications from a recognized institution will be an added value.
- Sound knowledge of at least one payroll system is mandatory.
- At least 4 years of experience in processing payroll is mandatory;
- Professional certification from recognized HR institutions such as SHRM-CP, CIPD or equivalent are an added value.
- Professional certification from recognized accounting institutions such as ACCA or equivalent are an added value
How To Submit An Application For Senior Officer – Salary And Benefits
Deadline: March 30, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED