Obtaining a birth certificate in Ghana used to be very stressful and could take months before you finally got it. Application for this certificate used to be an all-out battle for people who used to apply for it because they only apply for such certificates when they sincerely need it for something important. These days, things have changed. Easy ways of getting a birth certificate have evolved for the advantage of all Ghanaians.
Details of How To Apply for a Biometric Birth Certificate in Ghana
This article will give you a detailed overview on the different and easy ways on How To Apply for a Biometric Birth Certificate in Ghana online or by visiting the nearest Births and Deaths Registry.
What is a Birth Certificate?
A birth certificate can be defined as an official record that is created to register a person’s birth and identify them by name, place, date, and time of birth, as well as their parents’ details.
Who is responsible for Issuing Birth Certificates in Ghana?
In Ghana, the Births and Deaths Registry is the body responsible for issuing birth certificates to citizens who deserve them.
Why is it Necessary to get a Birth Certificate?
Obtaining a birth certificate is necessary for a variety of reasons, some of which are listed below:
- For Identification
- Serves as legal Proof of Age
- Proof of Citizenship
- Can be used for Passport Registration
- A Requirement for most school Registrations
- A required document that can be attached for job applications
Documents Needed to Apply for a Birth Certificate in Ghana
In the same way that every application or online application demands proof of identity, so does this one. The following are documents some documents you must show to successfully apply for a birth certificate:
- Old Birth Certificate (if available)
- Baptismal Certificate
- Clinical Weighing card
- An affidavit from the parents of applicants who are below 18 years
What is the cost of obtaining a birth certificate in Ghana?
It costs GHC 100 to obtain a biometric birth certificate in Ghana. After Application, it takes a total of 14 days of work to complete.
- DV Lottery Results Check 2022/2023
- How To Calculate E Levy Tax in Ghana
- How to Easily Prepare Sobolo (Bissap) at Home
- How To Verify, Track and Print Ghana Passport Application Online 2022
- How To Apply, Renew Passport Online in Ghana 2022
- How To Avoid Paying E Levy Charges in Ghana 2022
How To Apply for a Biometric Birth Certificate in Ghana
There are two different ways of applying for a birth certificate in Ghana:
- Via Online Application
- Application through any of the offices of the Births and Deaths Registry, Ghana.
How To Apply for a Biometric Birth Certificate Online in Ghana
If you need to obtain a copy of your birth certificate, follow these steps:
- First and foremost, visit the E-service website via http://eservices.gov.gh/
- Under the featured categories, Click on Births, Deaths & Marriages
- On the next page, Click on Births and Deaths Registry
- One the page that appears, Click Apply
- Then follow the prompts or instructions given to complete application.
In further applications, you will be required to fill out a form with these details:
- First Name(s)
- Last Name(s)
- Age Group
- Country of Residence
- Active Mobile Number
- Active Email Address
A confirmation message will be sent your active email address after completion of application or registration.
The email sent will have a confirmation link, which you have to click on it to confirm your E-service registration.
Further Registration instructions will be given.
How To Apply for a Biometric Birth Certificate in Ghana through the Births and Deaths Registry Branches
- Visit any branch of the Births and Deaths Registry in Ghana near you
- Request for a Birth Certificate
- You will be given a form to fill out your relevant details
- Afterwards you will be required to pay for the birth certificate
- You will then be asked to come back after sometime (about two weeks) for your biometric birth certificate.
- It’s Ridiculous And Unmanly For A Guy To Have A Birthday Photoshoot — Barrister
- How To Request For KNUST Transcript Online || TranSwift Application
- Black Sherif Biography, Songs, Country, Networth and Interesting Facts
About the Births and Deaths Registry, Ghana
Act 301 of 1965 established the Births and Deaths Registry within the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development, which is presently replaced by the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 2020 (Act1027). The primary goal of the Ghana Births and Deaths Registry is to provide accurate, timely, and trustworthy information on all births and deaths occurring in the country through their registration and certification.
Services Provided by the Registry
Below are services Provided by the Births and Deaths registry, Ghana;
- Early Birth Registration
- Late Birth Registration
- Extracts (Births and deaths)
- Death Registration
- Change of Name
For enquiries, one can contact the births and deaths registry via the following means:
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED