It is always important to make sure your registration details are up-to-date and accurate. Checking your MTN mobile money (MoMo) registration status and details can help you ensure that your account is correctly registered and without any mistakes.
Understanding how to verify your MTN mobile money details for registration is crucial now that the service is so widely used. Knowing how to conduct simple things like viewing your account balance or editing your personal information can make long-term account management an easier. Also check for How To Buy Treasury Bills with MTN Mobile Money (MoMo).
Why is it necessary to check your MoMo registration details?
Checking your MTN Mobile Money (MoMo) registration details is required for the following reasons;
- It ensures your information is accurate and up-to-date.
- It helps you determine problems (eg. identification) associated with your account so you can solve them quickly.
- This can protect you against any potential fraud or theft.
How to check your MTN Mobile Money Details of Registration
- Dial *170#.
- Select option 6 (my wallet).
- Then, choose option # (more).
- Choose option 10 (name and next of kin).
- On the next page , your MTN Mobile Money details I.e. the name and next of kin of the account will be displayed for you to see.
If you wish to change your next of kin, then select option 1.
How to change your MTN MoMo Registration Details
If after getting to know your mobile money registration details (name and next-of-kin) and you saw an issue you need to make a change, you should go to the nearest MTN office to do that. You will need to lodge a complaint with or consult a customer service agent to help you change your details.
Steps to re-activate your MoMo Account after registration
In cases where you changed your mobile money account information or registered again you will have access to use MTN’s services.
After your mobile money registration, you are now allowed to use the service. You may also want to know about How To Request For Your MTN Mobile Money Statement.
There could be instances where you will be locked out of your account as an effect of the registration. Here are few steps to help you reactivate it;
- Dial *170#
- Then select Option 6 (my wallet)
- Choose option 5 (change and reset password)
- On the next page, Choose option 2 to reset password.
- Type in your new password and then proceed per further instructions.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED