Here is how to request for your MTN Mobile Money Statement. MTN has always been the popular telecom network in Ghana because it makes Ghanaians feel comfortable using it and because it offers them incredible deals that they can’t refuse. One of which is the Mobile Money service which to which they have also provided means to make people feel comfortable using and seeking for information regarding their financial transactions.
As the government plans to fully digitize the economy, it’s crucial that we understand how electronic payment systems like Mobile Money work in their entirety.
The provision of transaction statements as a means of tracing monetary dealings is an important feature of any reliable payment system, which MTN also provides that to their customers.
In this article, we will discuss the processes involved in requesting a Statement of Account for your MTN Mobile Money Account either by using the USSD platform and the mobile application platform.
Types of Statements Provided By MTN Mobile Money
There are basically two types of statements that are provided which you can get from your MTN Mobile Money account. They include:
- A Full statement: This covers a duration of up to two (2) years.
- A mini statement: This covers a duration of up to a week.
How To Request For Your MTN Mobile Money Statement
The first platform associated with the mobile money platform is the USSD which is commonly known as the short code platform and this is compatible with all kinds of mobile phones.
— Requesting a Full Statement
To request for a full MTN Mobile Money (MoMo) statement your account via the USSD platform, kindly follow the steps below:
- First Dial the MTN MoMo Short Code: *170#
- Select Option 6: My Wallet
- Select Option 5: Statements
- Select Option 1: Statement Request, for a full statement of account covering a certain period.
- Select Option 1 again: Detail Statement
- Enter your email address
- Confirm your email address
- Enter the date from which you wish your statement to commence in the format 15 10 2022. Day, month and year separated by a space
- You’ll receive a prompt asking you to authorize the process. Enter your password and authorize the transaction.
- The statement of account will be delivered to the provided email address in a couple of minutes.
— Requesting a Mini statement
To request for a mini statement of your Mobile Money account which covers your transaction for the current week, kindly follow the instructions below:
- Dial *170#
- Select option 6: My Wallet
- Select option 5: Statements
- Select Option 4: Mini Statement.
- Enter your password to see your statement.
- On the next screen that appears, you’ll see your mini-statement.
— Via the MTN Mobile (MyMTN) App
The MTN mobile app makes it simple and quick to request a Statement. Kindly follow the steps below:
- First Open your MTN Mobile Application (MyMTN App).
- Then Select ‘Momo’
- Enter your PIN Code to verify your account and number
- Select ‘My Wallet’
- Click on ‘Mini statement’ or ‘Statement request’
- Mini statement allows to access your mini-statement and Statement request allows you to have full access to your statement covering a duration of your choice.
- After selecting your preferred option, enter your PIN again to confirm and have access to your statement of account.
Please keep in mind that whenever you use the app to access your mobile money account, you must have mobile data turned on. Your MOMO account will be inaccessible while connected to a wifi network.
- Bank of Ghana’s Message to Mobile Money Defaulters
- How To Buy Treasury Bills with MTN Mobile Money (MoMo)
- How To Reverse MTN Mobile Money Transactions
Voila! I believe by now, you now understand How To Request For Your MTN Mobile Money Statement easily. Kindly Share this with friends and family. Also, do not forget to always bookmark us for informative articles like this.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED