Sobolo is a drink prepared from the flowers of the Roselle plant, a species of Hibiscus. The juice is usually sweetened and served bottled and chilled for best experience.
Sobolo or Roselle Juice is however, called hibiscus tea when served hot.
Other names of Sobolo around the world is Bissap (in Benin, Senegal, Congo, Mali, and Burkina Faso), zobo (in Nigeria), wonjo, foléré, dabileni, tsobo (in other parts of Africa), sorrel (in the Caribbean), and agua de Jamaica (in Mexico).
Drinking sobolo, comes with a lot of benefits to the people who drink it.
In this article, you will get to learn how to Easily Prepare Sobolo (Bissap) by yourself at Home.
Ingredients Needed To Make Sobolo (Bissap) Easily at Home
Kindly follow the steps below to get to know rightly how to prepare Sobolo (Bissap) at home:
- Hibiscus (Bissap) leaves – Two Cups
- One Ripe Pineapple
- Sugar – One or Half a Cup (depending)
- Pineapple syrup – 2 tbsp
- Prekese (optional)
Easy Steps On To Prepare Sobolo (Bissap) at Home
- Get a large saucepan
- Put in Roselle Juice or Hibiscus leaves and add up water until it covers up the leaves
- Put the Hibiscus leaves in on fire and heat for a few minutes
- Peel pineapples, ginger and wash
- Add the hwentia to Hibiscus leaves and and allow it to boil for another 10-15 mins until the water changes color
- Use a sieve or colander to drain and separate the juice from the cooked Sobolo leaves
- Then Blend the pineapple and ginger until it becomes smooth and then pour them into the sieved drink and stir
- Allow drink to cool down completely
- Add your sugar and pineapple syrup until you get the right taste (if preferred)
- After here, you can then bottle or put the drink in your prefered container
- Store in a fridge or add ice to drink before you drink (for best experience)
- Voila! You can now enjoy your Sobolo!!!
You might be interested in:
- How To Apply & Renew Passport Online in Ghana 2022
- VGMA date released, check out how to vote for your favorite nominee
- How To Transfer Money From MTN MoMo To Vodafone, Airtel Or Tigo Cash & Back
- MTN International Call Bundle, Short Code – How to buy 2022
Some Health Benefits of (Bissap) Sobolo
- Manages Common Cold, cough And Boosts The Immune System
- Helps To Maintain A Normal Blood Pressure
Reduces Your Diabetes Risk
Helps in weight loss
Strengthens Bones And Teeth
- Sobolo consists of anti cancer compounds
Are there side effects associated with drinking Sobolo?
Diabetes patients can be impacted sobolo even though it can contribute to lowering blood sugar and lowering blood pressure,
High Blood Pressure patients should exercise caution if they are taking medication to control their blood pressure. Due to its potential to reduce blood sugar and blood pressure, it could have negative health effects on you. Such patients should only consume Roselle juice or Sobolo only after consulting a doctor.
Pregnant women should be cautious when drinking the hibiscus tea. It’s been connected to miscarriages, so they should be cautious. It can be safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women, but they should seek medical advice before trying it. Read more about the Health Benefits and side effects here.
By now, I believe you now know How to Easily Prepare Sobolo (Bissap) at Home. Kindly follow us for more updates like this and help share this article if you found it very informative. Thank You for your time.
- VIP Transport Update of New Fares (February 2022 Prices)
- GOtv Ghana Subscription Packages, Channels & Prices 2023
- List Of All Tertiary Institutions Whose Admission Forms are Out 2022/2023
- List Of Best Online Gift Shops In Ghana 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED