There is a job vacancy for Technical Advisor – Business Associations at GIZ Ghana.
Sustainable Employment through Agribusiness (AgriBiz) – AgriBiz Programme works together with the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MoTI) and the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA) to improve the conditions for creating productive employment in the agribusiness sector. The Programme strengthens business organizations to better represent the interest of their members and offer professional services. AgriBiz supports processing companies in their business development, introducing technological solutions.
Scope of Role:
The Technical Advisors supports the organizational development of member-based Agri-Business organizations, institutions and networks. The Advisors will be part of a team which will specifically focus on framework conditions for Agri-Business enterprises. The job will entail the support of the advocacy work of business associations as well as to assist them improve their business orientation and their offers of a relevant and effective range of services to their members.
- Assist and monitor the development and implementation of action plans and programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts.
- Responsible for the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the programme’s area of activity.
- Develop, plan, and implement technical and organizational concepts for improving AgriBusiness member-based organizations and networks and increase their revenues, specifically of women-led ones.
- Provide advice on business orientation and general organizational development of business associations, organizations and networks with a view to professionalize the range of services and member management.
- Advise on the association’s advocacy work, support cooperation and effective dialogue with stakeholder from the private and public sector, non-governmental agencies and the academia.
- Assists with PR work using social networks, print media, radio, television etc.
- Prepare reports and presentation documents, including monitoring & evaluation, success stories and best practice examples.
- Handle other tasks on behalf of GIZ.
- University degree in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (equivalent to BA or MBA).
- At least 4 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- Professional experience in organizational development of member-based institutions, networks.
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS
- Diligent, goal oriented, open minded and innovative, team player and ability to perform task without supervision.
- Proficient in spoken and written English and working knowledge in Twi.
- Knowledge in German is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset.
- Strong managerial, organisational, administrative and social competence.
- Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Willingness to frequently travel within Ghana.
Other Job Suggestions:
- Job Vacancy At Ghana Climate Innovation Centre
- Fresh Job Offer At Esoko
- National Assistant at Palladium
How To Submit An Application For Technical Advisor – Business Associations
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Code 2023/AgriBiz/02/16 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 1st March 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED