The role of Technical Advisor is needed at GIZ – The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit.
In the context of the global project “Centres for Migration and Development (CMD)” GIZ is operating the “Ghanaian-European Centre for Jobs, Migration and Development”. The Centre is co-funded by the European Union. Its mandate is to provide jobseekers with information and advisory counselling on the employment opportunities in Ghana and abroad.
It does so by working in three components:
- Facilitating development oriented regular (intraregional and supraregional) migration
- Supporting the reintegration of returned migrants as well as the economic participation of persons with vulnerabilities
- Capacity building for the Ministry of Employment and Labour Relations and its Labour department
Scope of Role:
The Technical Advisor will carry out advisory services in the above-mentioned frame to individuals seeking counselling and persons who are interested in migrating abroad or those who need reintegration support.
- Work in a team of advisors under the supervision of the Centre’s Component Manager
- Counsel and advice clients of GEC on regular migration and reintegration (assistance, advice, and guidance)
- Provide inputs of her/his work for the capacity building activities of GEC towards MELR/LD
- Organize events related to the mandate of GEC.
- Research, review, prepare and forward relevant reports and documents including detailed summaries, research notes and briefings
- Prepare and present policy recommendations based on the research and analyses.
- Support the project planning and concept design, including the preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation.
- Impact monitoring, quality management, communication and documentation of the proper implementation of project plans and activities in close consultation with partner institutions.
- Networking and cooperation with partner institutions and other relevant stakeholders (including non-governmental agencies, research institutes, business and other projects and donors) to maintain good working relationships and to cooperate towards the project’s objectives.
Don’t Miss This: Job Opportunity At Export Trading Group
Qualification Required & Experience
- Master’s Degree in social sciences or any other project related field.
- A minimum of three years of experience in one of the fields: research, social advice, public policies, and other project related fields.
- Professional experience on Monitoring and Evaluation, Report writing, Survey/Data analysis.
- Excellent written and oral English and Ghanaian language skills; German working knowledge would be an asset.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including the data analyses / processing packages.
- Familiarity with the administrative, political and policy environment in Ghana and in the West African region.
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners, officials, media, and civil society.
- A strong capacity for effective teamwork, high degree of flexibility, ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Willingness to travel in- and outside the country
Application Guide GIZ Ghana’s Open Role
Forward your detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Code: 2023/CMB-TA/14/08 in the subject line.
Closing Date: 28th August, 2023
If you do not hear from GIZ two (2) weeks after the deadline, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED