There is an opportunity to work with Care International. Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE), Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana is looking for a talented, motivated, and creative Gender Specialist for the Generating Revenues and Opportunities for Women to Improve Nutrition in Ghana (GROWING) project.
The Ghana Health Service, the Women in Agriculture Development Directorate, and the District Directorates of Agriculture are working together on the GROWING project, which is part of a group led by the International Potato Center. The project is being paid for by Global Affairs Canada, and it will start in March 2022 and last for 4.5 years. We are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity at work and to getting more young people to work for us.
About The Job
The Project Gender Specialist (GS) is in charge of the project’s gender integration and will suggest changes to the project’s activities, systems, processes, and strategies so that they meet CARE’s standards for gender equality and women’s voice and donor requirements.
S/he is directly in charge of designing interventions that help create an enabling environment, including gender norms and roles so that key gender inequalities can be fixed and better practices can be put in place to make sure that women, men, girls, and boys all get the same outcomes. He or she makes sure that the GROWING Project’s intervention activities, partnership approach, M&E systems, and documentation all include gender themes.
The Gender Specialist will report directly to the GROWING Project Manager, will be based in the Tamale Sub-office, and will be in charge of project implementation in six project districts in the Northern, North East, and Savannah Regions.
Apply For: Work Opportunity At Barry Callebaut
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Develop the Scope of Work for the gender analysis at the beginning of the project. This includes the TOR(s) for the consultant(s) (if/when applicable) and the participation of project staff.
- Manage activities like interviews, focus groups, and surveys that are used to get first-hand information.
- Create a gender strategy for the project that spells out the systems and steps needed to keep reviewing and improving activities in line with CARE’s commitment to equal rights for men and women.
- Give your staff and local partners skills-building, coaching, and mentoring.
- Training on the technical side of gender integration and project-specific issues and ways of doing things.
- Monitoring and judging that take gender into account.
- Help make sure that monitoring and evaluation (M&E) tools are made with gender indicators and negative effects and program risks in mind.
Skills or Experience Needed:
- Good knowledge of how to do a gender analysis and plan based on the results.
- At least three to five years of experience putting together programs that help women get ahead in the agriculture/food security sector.
- Training and experience in programming for gender equality and empowering women
- Experience designing and running gender-transformative programs that are very effective and efficient.
- Shown experience helping with technical and programmatic issues related to gender.
- Proven strong facilitation and capacity-building skills and experience in participatory approaches.
- Social skills, leadership skills that include everyone, creativity, and a willingness to try new things.
- Good knowledge of the social, economic, and cultural problems in Northern Ghana.
- Ability to work hard and get things done.
- Excellent skills in writing, giving presentations, and writing reports.
- Skills with computers, such as MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Manage relationships and partnerships with other organizations.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Gender, Development Studies, or Social Science) or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Master’s degree in one of the relevant fields listed above.
Application Process For A Job Opportunity At CARE International
Send your CV and cover letter to thr email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Gender Specialist Application”
Closing Date: 25th August, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED