An exciting job offer has surfaced at Winrock International. Winrock International is recruiting applications for the position of country coordinator (two positions) in Niger and Ghana. The position will be based in Niamey, Niger and Tamale, Ghana.
In each country, the Country Coordinator will be responsible for designing, co-creating and coordinating activities implemented by local organizations to scale out soil fertility and soil health improvement technologies and practices. Additionally, the country coordinator will support and coordinate the development of advisory and communication content, coordinate and facilitate training and capacity development activities, ensure that project activities are gender-responsive and work with the project’s regional monitoring and learning specialist to monitor project outcomes and document learning. This is a local/national position and is not eligible for international allowances.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of project implementation
- Develop strategic partnerships to leverage other public and private sector resources
- Engage with stakeholders to identify agricultural innovations, plan and implement project activities.
- Serve as project/Winrock representative in country and liaise, as necessary, with local and national government and private institutions, enterprises, farmer groups, and donor funded projects.
- Gather information about existing actors, activities and approaches used in disseminating soil fertility and soil health practices and technologies to identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Ensure that the specific needs, interests and demands of women producers are identified and taken into account in all project activities including in the design and content of technology dissemination activities, monitoring and capacity development activities.
- Supervise scoping assessments carried out by consultants or volunteers.
- Prepare country project work plans, and budgets as required by the donor and Winrock for timely implementation of the program.
- Supervise selection of host organizations and develop scopes of work for volunteers
- Provide oversight for volunteer logistics and movement in the project areas, ensuring volunteer and staff safety and health.
- Accompany US volunteers during their assignments, as needed, to provide technical, logistical, and translation support to achieve assignment objectives.
- Develop scopes of work, hire and supervise consultants.
- Work with the Regional MEL Specialist to ensure that partner organizations have the tools and resources to collect accurate and timely monitoring and impact data.
- Contribute to project M&E and analysis of impact data.
- Report on MEL data collected by partner organizations.
- Prepare annual work plans, budgets and technical reports as required by the donor and Winrock.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to rural or agricultural development required (agronomy, agricultural extension, agriculture etc); Master’s degree preferred
- At least 8 years’ experience with agricultural technology dissemination programs, at least two of which were in a management role
- Experience with developing agricultural extension and communications materials
- Experience with designing and implementing gender responsive agricultural programs
- Demonstrated experience managing stakeholder relationships
- Experience implementing donor-funded programs (USAID experience preferred).
- Experience managing project budgets
- Experience recruiting and managing consultants
- Experience cooperating and collaborating closely with U.S volunteers preferred.
- Fluent English required for Ghana
- Willingness to travel and work in remote regions as needed
You May Also Like:
- Fresh Job Offer At Esoko
- Career Opening At Movenpick Hotel And Resorts
- Arsenal vs Man City Premier League Live ‘23
How To Send An Application Winrock International’s Exciting Job Offer
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED