The Governing Council of Pentecost University is inviting job applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Registrar which shall be vacant on Ist March 2024.
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administrative functions of the University in addition to any other duties specified in the statutes of the University. He/she must possess a strong leadership, decision-making, problem-solving and communication skills, as well as compliance with regulatory standards vital to drive the University A+ agenda.
- Oversee the general administration of the University and shall have responsibility for providing administrative services for all Boards and Committees of Council, Academic Board and its sub-committees.
- Serve as secretary to Council and office of the
- Be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor on matters relating to general administration of the University.
- Ensure the introduction of innovative organisational development and management methods with the aim of improving upon efficiency and effectiveness of the work of the University.
- Continually monitor and improve upon the flow of information and actions within the University.
- Ensure that policies of the University related to personnel records, training, wages and salaries are translated into effective human resource and development management practices.
- Ensure the availability of all services and equipment necessary to support the administration and academic programmes of the University. Cause to be published in the University Bulletin at the end of each semester, all policy decisions of Council and Academic Board.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of a register of members of convocation, which shall be published by him/her every vear.
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned to him/her from time to time by the Vice-Chancellor.
Qualifications And Experience
The ideal candidate for the position of Registrar at the Pentecost University will be required to demonstrate high qualities of sound judgment, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism in his/her area of specialisation and must:
- Possess at least a Master’s Degree in relevant areas such as Public Administration, Administration in Higher Education, Educational Administration or any other relevant field of study.
- 2. Have at least twelve (12) years post-qualification experience in a management position. At least, four
- (4) out of the relevant years of experience should have been at a Deputy Registrar or equivalent senior management level.
- Demonstrate evidence of management writings (at least 10 publications) that have contributed to the effective management of an institution of higher learning or industry.
- Demonstrate ability to provide effective leadership, supervision and mentoring to all Deputy Registrars, Senior Assistant Registrars and Assistant Registrars to improve productivity.
- Demonstrate virtues that are in line with the University’s code of Christian ethics and values.
- Be computer literate.
Contract Term And Conditions Of Service
- The Registrar shall be appointed for a period of five (5) years. The appointment may be renewed upon application for a further term of up to five (5) years only, if that is not beyond the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years. Applicants should be able to complete one full term prior to attaining the statutory retirement age.
- The remuneration and fringe benefits include an attractive salary, official vehicle and other benefits specified in the instrument of appointment by the Council.
Job Location: Main campus at Sowutuom, but may be required to travel to other University and Corporate sites
- A minimum of 40 hours a week (Monday – Friday; 8:30am – 5:30pm). May be required to work beyond the stipulated hours where necessary.
Recommended: Job Advert At Oyster Agribusiness
Mode Of Application For A Job At Pentecost University
Interested persons with the requisite qualifications) and related experience should submit:
- Employment application form which can be obtained either by downloading from www.pentvars.edu.gh or from the Human Resources Unit, Main Campus, Sowutuom – Accra.
- Certified true copies of certificates
- Curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three (3) referees. Completed application forms should be submitted (with REF: REGISTRAR APPLICATION) to the Human Resource Unit, Pentecost University, Main Campus, Sowutuom – Accra. Copies of the application documents should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline For Submission: 15th January, 2024
For further enquiries, please call 030 241 7057/8
The school will contact only shortlisted applicants
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED