World Food Programme (WFP) Ghana is advertising a volunteering avenue for Ghanaians. You will be working as Programme Associate in the National UN Volunteer Specialist category. This is an on-site job in Accra for 6 months with possibility of extension. Successful applicants are expected to start work on 8th January, 2024.
Precisely, the following are the expected accountabilities of the incumbent:
- Provide up-to-date tracking of the utilization of the budget against planned targets, and advise on any observed discrepancies and implications;
- Support NGO Partner invoice-claim and payment process; ensuring timely review, verification and processing of invoices, including distribution reports by all relevant team members as per the established standard operating procedures (SOP);
- Ensure that the partner payment status is produced and circulated to Management on a monthly basis and feedback provided to partners on a timely basis as per the SOPs;
- Undertake all administrative processes to ensure the effective implementation of Field Level Agreements (FLAs) and/or MOUs in consultation with WFP Teams and current and prospective partners. This is not limited to Service Outline Agreements (SOA) creation, WINGs administration, budget amendments/ addendums to FLAs and any arising tasks.
- Maintain an up-to-date “FLA Tracking Sheet” (Offline and online corporate tracker) and other tracking tools, and share with management on a monthly basis the status of FLAs, commitments (SOA, PODAs), expenditures (SES) and payments;
- Applicants must be between the ages of 27 and 80
- Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment – (Ghana)
- 3 years of experience in the UN system, with at least one year in partnerships management;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and under minimum supervision;
- Strong written and analytical skills;
- Strong computing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Experience working with contracts, agreements, MOUs etc
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
Area(s) of expertise
- Administration, Communication, Economics and finance
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in International Studies, Economics, Finance, Public Administration or any another other related fields
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED