University of Cape Coast (UCC) is advertising a new job vacancy. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to take up lectureship positions in the:
SCHOOL OF SUSTAINABLE ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST, GHANA
Fields of Specialization:
- Coastal Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering (Machinery)
- Mechanical Engineering (Thermo-fluids)
- Mechanical Engineering (Design and Manufacturing)
- Chemical Engineering
- Renewable Energy Engineering (Solar/Wind/Biomass)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Successful candidates will be required to teach courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, supervise students’ theses, conduct research and engage in community/outreach services, among others.
- We particularly seek candidates with commitment to high-quality original research for advancing knowledge to address the challenges of sustainability and sustainable development in their specialized fields.
- Candidates will be required to do pioneering research relevant to the water-energy-climate-health-agriculture and artificial intelligence nexus, including renewable energy, sustainable agriculture, sustainable and resilient infrastructure, wastewater treatment and re-use, public health improvement, risk and resilience analysis, sustainable chemical, electrical and mechanical manufacturing, and sustainable coastal development.
Applicants are also expected to show evidence of a commitment to:
- equity, diversity, inclusion, and the promotion of a respectful and collegial learning and working environment; and
- the advancement of research and scholarship, grantsmanship and willingness to learn new approaches and techniques of teaching and researching.
Qualification Required & Experience
The candidate must:
- Possess a PhD with specialization in the relevant field of study listed above or a closely related academic area;
- Have a strong research background and professional experience;
- Must have taught for a minimum of two (2) years as Associate Professor in the relevant area of specialization in a reputable university or a comparable institution;
- Have not less than eight (8) publications in refereed journals since appointment as Associate Professor or a total of twenty (20) publications in refereed journals since appointment as Lecturer;
- Be recognized internationally on account of research carried out in the area of specialization; and
- Have experience in and committed to excellent teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply For University of Cape Coast (UCC)’s Job Vacancy
Interested applicants should download an Application Form from the University of Cape Coast website at www.ucc.edu.gh/forms
Completed application forms together with a detailed CV/resume and photocopies of relevant certificates and names and addresses of three referees who are familiar with the applicant’s academic/professional competence should be forwarded to:
University of Cape Coast
Cape Coast, Ghana
For inquiries, please contact:
The Dean, School of Sustainable Engineering
Tel: +233 (0) 50 202 0731
Closing Date: 20th December, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED