There is a New Job Update At DKT International. The company is looking to work with a new Advocacy Director. The position will report to the Regional Director.
Location: West Africa
Number of direct reports: 2
Travel: up to 24 weeks per year.
Contract Type: Fixed Term of 2 years
The Advocacy Director will lead advocacy efforts of the project “Expanding FP innovations through private pharmacies in West Africa” to pilot implementation of WHO guidelines to allow pharmacists to provide clinical family planning methods (injectables and implants) in three West African countries (to be determined). The Advocacy Director will be responsible for the design, coordination and monitoring of DKT’s advocacy efforts under this project, including building a network of champions who will drive opinion and policy change.
The Advocacy Director Officer will be responsible for the following across priority geographies for this project which will start with three and potentially expand to other geographies:
Suggested Post: December 2022 Jobs At Absa Bank
- Conduct regular meetings with stakeholders to understand barriers and opportunities towards changing task-shifting policy in each country
- Create stakeholder mapping for each geography
- Conduct policy analysis and mapping to understand the current regulatory and policy environment
- Develop a network of key policy relationships
- Develop targeted annual advocacy strategies and plans to build a network of champions to change opinion and policy
- Coordinate the network of sustainable champions
- Set up and drive a steering committee of champions and key stakeholders in each of the focus countries.
- Scope regularly for potential opportunities to seize change outside the focus countries
- Develop in partnership with key stakeholders’ recommendations for changes to policy and regulation in the intervention countries
- Secure waiver from each country to allow pilot project to commence
- Manage up to two in-country advocacy leads
- Feed into the project’s Knowledge Management platforms and dissemination plan to ensure that the achievements and learnings of the project are regularly and widely disseminated
- Support the organization of three workshops (baseline, midline and endline) through establishing key stakeholder presence, supporting on content development and driving follow-up actions
Required Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated high-level and sustained engagement with health institutions in government and the private sector in Francophone West Africa
- Demonstrated experience in engaging governments on health policy issues
- Fluent in French (spoken and written);
- Advanced English (spoken and written)
- Experience working with regional and pan-African institutions on policy issues
- Expertise in implementing advocacy strategies, including the ability to draft advocacy plans, prepare according to action and monitoring plans.
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships with sub-national, national, regional and international partners such ministries, national programs, implementing partners and donor organizations.
- Ability to build genuine partnerships with civil society groups to ensure their expertise drives and determines the nature of our work.
- Excellent networking, oral and written communication skills and the ability to organize and present information in a compelling manner, especially to high-level stakeholders
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset and ‘can do’ attitude; able to problem-solve and quickly implement solutions.
- University degree in business, marketing, public health or related fields.
- Unwavering sense of integrity and honesty
- Strong writing capabilities and highly proficient in MS Office
- Commitment to reproductive health and pro-abortion rights
- Experience working with or within the Ordre des Pharmaciens, Ordre des Médecins, or other medical professional groups
Working with DKT
« Being a DKT person is about how you think. We’re entrepreneurial. We treat people the right way. We are result oriented. We are anti-bureaucracy. Deep trust is critical for us. We are FUN”
- Health Insurance (90%)
- Discretionary Bonus
- Hybrid work
- Menstrual remote days for women
- JHS Job vacancy at Golden Star
- JSI Research & Training Institute Job
- Man arrested for stealing girlfriend’s shoes and gifting them to second girlfriend
DKT International’s New Job Update – How To Submit An Application
If you think you are the person we are looking for, please send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED