With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith. There is a job position for a Communications & Marketing Manager at World Vision.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
• In partnership with the regional office, the manager leads and executes an integrated communications strategy to build World Vision’s reputation and strengthen the brand with key audiences.
• Manage the delivery of high-quality child-focused content, multi-media packages and marketing products to meet World Vision’s priority audience needs, including advocacy, external engagement, grant acquisition and other resource development activities.
• Ensure that World Vision’s national digital platforms reflect the World Vision brand and strategy, showcasing high-quality and compelling narrative, visuals and audio-visuals, and increase engagement from target audiences.
• Ensure communications function is disaster ready to respond to the local humanitarian emergency and that the communications team demonstrates emergency communications core competencies.
• Oversea visits and ensures approvals, coordination, scheduling, photo opportunities and media interviews, are well planned and executed.
• Ensure the preparation, management and delivery of first-class Virtual Field Experience in collaboration with Operations and Technology teams
• Manages a team of communicators, empowering and equipping them to deliver a focused portfolio of first-class content, media and engagement work covering development, humanitarian affairs and advocacy programmes that supports income and influence goals.
• Ensures strategic communications guidance to national director and senior leadership team on business needs as they related to building thought leadership, reputation and trust.
• Strengthen communications capability and assure brand alignment across the national office to enhance organisational culture and effectiveness
• Engage staff and leaders to engage in and champion World Vision’s global story and the national perspective through multiple internal channels, perspectives and events.
• Establish communication systems and processes to generate donor-oriented content in coordination with Resource Acquisition and Management teams.
• Identify, brief and train spokespersons to ensure professional on-message media engagement that promotes World Vision’s operations and impact.
• Contribute to the production and dissemination of country programmes reports
• With support from the Regional Office and guidance, execute and monitor for compliance required communications policies and ensure staff understanding.
• Support the management of events that position World Vision as a partner of choice.
• Public/Media Engagement & Advocacy
• Advance communications work around the global campaign It Takes A World to End Violence Against Children, agreed Global Moments, and key joint national and global engagement initiatives.
• In collaboration with the national office departments’ leads, contribute to the development of a national external engagement plan for coordination, positioning and enhancing World Vision’s influence and impact.
• Develop a media engagement strategy as part of an integrated communications plan.
• Establish internal connections with relevant Support Offices to promote international media engagement while adhering to the Global Media Protocols and guidelines.
• Engage media at the national level and provide messaging as needed, in coordination with global and regional offices media managers serving as a spokesperson for World Vision and developing other spokespersons.
• Collaborate with country advocacy colleagues to define key issues, communications channels and messaging for public advocacy initiatives.
• Work with UN, NGOs and donors forums on strategic interagency initiatives.
• Enhance and protect World Vision’s brand, partners and communities by identifying and addressing risk issues that might damage stakeholders’ perception of World Vision and partners.
Other Jobs from world vision:
- General Ledger Assistant at World Vision
- Senior Technical Agricultural Finance Manager at World Vision
Qualification Required & Experience
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• A university degree or equivalent in journalism or communications/media
• At least 10 years of professional experience in areas of international communications, media and journalism.
• MA Degree in Journalism or Communications studies or related discipline.
• Excellent writing skills, with photographic and/or video skills also preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to think and manage strategically, plan and meet deadlines.
• General experience in project management, with specific experience in the production of diverse and creative communications projects including publications, multi-media, websites/pages, photo and video reports, etc.
• Donor engagement, internal communications, emergency communications and some level of advocacy communications.
• Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
• Able to travel and work in the field as an essential function of the position.
• Strong competency in developing and reviewing impact stories, production scripts and media briefings.
• Rich experience in Brand Management
• Excellent journalistic (verbal and written), Media Relations and Media Production skills.
• Ability to communicate fluently in English (and French desired), and to relate cross-culturally with a wide range of international constituencies.
• Demonstrate ability to Lead and manage strategically and meet tight deadlines.
• Experience in the development and production of a wide array of communication materials such as publications, TV & video documentaries, web, and other media.
• Demonstrate rich portfolio of Strategic Communications experience and ability to utilize public relations to forge stronger constituency consensus.
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
• Perform other duties as required.
How To Apply For The Communications & Marketing Manager
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 20 May, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED