Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories! The company, World Vision is looking for a General Ledger Assistant to help boost the company.
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
• To support transactional processes within the GL department, as detailed in the major responsibilities, as requested by customers, timely and correctly according to Month End and Year End calendar deliverables, by ensuring the compliance of all internal controls, Partnership Finance Manual and General Accounting principles.
• Upload / import journals including budget and actual transactions; adjustments and reversals; GEMS output files and all other journals
• Clear split billing (59098) account on a regular basis, ensuring 0 balance on the 1st business day of the following month
• Posting Journal transactions including budgets and allocation of 59098 account
• Support continuous improvement processes and the development of better tools to strengthen General Accounting operations including global initiatives
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor´s degree with a major in accounting, finance, or business administration
• Functional knowledge of general accounting standards and transactions recording
• Desirable English communication (spoken and written)
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels
• Ability to perform and direct root cause analysis over various transactional issues
• Demonstrated strong work ethic and flexible hours as needed; ability to drive results and meet strict deadlines
• Basic knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) including internal controls
• Proficient in MS Office applications and any accounting ERP solutions
• At least 6 months experience in General Ledger/Accounting
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to promote teamwork in a virtual team environment
General Ledger Assistant Job: How To Apply
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 20 May, 2023
Check other jobs:
- Senior Technical Agricultural Finance Manager at World Vision
- Full Time Career Opportunity At US Embassy
- Job at Zenith Hygiene Systems Ghana
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED