There is a full time career opportunity at US Embassy. The embassy is interested is looking to employ a Commercial Specialist.
- Commercial Specialist is responsible for representing the United States Department of Commerce (USDOC), United States and Foreign Commercial Service (USFCS) in Ghana.
- Serves as a professional analyst and advisor to the U.S. staff in planning, organizing, and administering programs to facilitate the marketing of U.S. goods and services.
- Assists U.S. firms by developing and organizing marketing strategies, including market research and reporting, planning trade promotion events, identifying, and leveraging trade opportunities, and bringing U.S. and host country business representatives together.
- Assigned industry sectors generally include complex sectors, such as (but not limited to) Energy, Franchising, Construction and Engineering, Travel and Tourism, Education, and SelectUSA/inward investment.
- Responsible for the identification of distributors, representatives or partners employing USFCS programs, such as, but not limited to, matchmaking programs, due diligence on foreign parties, and in-country promotion of products or services.
- Prepares speeches and talking points in both English and host country language and gives presentations on USFCS programs and bilateral commercial relations to business audiences in both the U.S. and the host country.
- Helps settle trade disputes between American and host country companies involving Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) issues, non-payment for products and services, poor product quality, and other commercial issues that may arise.
Read On: AGA School Employment Possibility
- Minimum four (4) years of work experience in Ghana in the field of business, government, or industry association in one or more fields of marketing, international trade, economics, trade promotions, project management, and marketing analysis/research that includes significant analysis and report writing.
- Thorough knowledge of the host country’s economy, commercial and industrial structures, business and industry customs and practices, trade and investment laws, regulation, and policies.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of international trade (terms and procedures).
- Significant understanding of legislation, rules and regulations affecting trade and investment.
- Mandatory: Bachelor’s degree in business management, economics, marketing, international trade or international affair or host country equivalent is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Recommended: Job Vacancy At Yamoaba Designs
- Language: Mandatory: Fluency in speaking, reading, writing, English is required. Good working knowledge of speaking at least one Ghanaian local language is required. (Language proficiency may be tested)
Skills And Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills, salesmanship, critical and analytical thinking, problem solving, judgement and proactively assessing obstacles and identifying solutions to ensure programmatic success is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) to create documents and spreadsheets, maintain and update databases, and develop presentations.
- Good keyboarding skill is required.
Salary: USD $25,479 – USD $25,479 /Per Year
Check Also: Career Option At Crowdfrica
How To Forward Application To US Embassy For The Full Time Career Opportunity
Application Deadline: 18th May, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED