Last Mile Health is looking forward to hiring a Chief Financial Officer At Last Mile.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all stewards of our reputations and resources. Do you have demonstrated experience managing a large multinational team working in a fast-paced and complex environment? If so, you might be the right candidate to join our Global Finance and Administration team as our Chief Financial Officer.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO), reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and together with the Finance team, will develop and monitor LMH’s financial strategy and manage the organization’s financial resources, collaborating effectively across the organization. As a member of the Executive Team, the CFO will oversee all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization in conjunction with the CEO, broader executive team, and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors. In addition to financial strategy, the CFO is responsible for accounting, budgeting, grants management, cash management, investments, audit, compliance, financial risk management, and financial reporting.
See Also: End Of Year Job Recruitment At Hapag-Lloyd
The CFO will have direct supervisory responsibility for the Senior Controller and Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
This position is located in Accra, Ghana and is open to both national and international candidates.
What You’ll Do
- Develop leaders and build teams
- Mentor and develop a global Finance team of 20+ staff across five countries through a period of significant organizational growth
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities across global and regional finance positions; clarify ownership amongst finance staff members as well as clarify hand-off points between finance and other teams
- Manage work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team
- Establish annual objectives and targets for Finance Team, manage towards those objectives, and provide regular updates to Executive Management on progress.
- Execute effectively, making finance a true ‘center of excellence’
- Manage the team to seamlessly execute on day-to-day finance responsibilities, including but not limited to: close the books on time and accurately; produce actionable monthly reports for budget owner; accurately forecast revenue and expenses; make payments on-time with adequate vendor controls; manage grant releases and financial reporting; manage the organization towards unrestricted net asset goals; maintain minimum cash and net asset balances.
- Collaborate extensively with other business services teams and leaders to ensure integrated development and delivery of business solutions to LMH’s program offices
- Instill a culture of ownership, accountability, and internal customer service at all levels of finance
- Regularly measure and report on individual and team metrics, improving key outcomes such as time to close books, budget and forecast accuracy, impact per dollar, etc.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP, regulatory requirements, and audit requirements.
- Maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities
- Design, implement, and maintain fiscal policies and procedures
- Manage cash flow and forecasting
Recommended: Alliance for Financial Inclusion Career Opportunity
- Set and Steer financial vision and strategy, acting as a thought-partner to programs and executive leaders
- Oversee budgeting and strategic planning, making simple and intuitive tools that drive substantive strategic conversations, with particular focus on cost-to-impact measurement and strategies to improve efficiency of impact delivery
- Manage organizational performance against the annual budget and LMH’s long-term strategy. Provide strategic recommendations to leadership based on financial analysis and projections
- Create a practical and useful financial forecasting process that drives efficient long-term impact
- Clearly communicate the organization’s financial position and strategy with partners, funders, auditors, the board, and leadership teams
- Build financial management capacity across the organization, driving towards a culture of efficient impact
What You’ll Bring As A Chief Financial Officer
- Masters degree (in a discipline such as business, finance, accounting) required. CPA preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships in a multicultural environment
- Experience in a senior leadership role overseeing significant parts of a complex finance function across multiple countries in a high-growth, innovative organization
- Experience integrating finance workstreams into other business services; belief that finance solutions are best delivered alongside other business functions
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Ability to distill complex information and communicate it clearly and succinctly to executive-level staff
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including GAAP, fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have CFO, or other CxO experience at a multinational nonprofit with $20m+ budget.
- You have experience with NetSuite.
- You have experience with USAID and other government grants and overhead cost negotiations.
- Job Opportunity at LabMart Limited
- Career Update At Aldelia
- Transnational Academic Group Career Opportunity
How To Submit An Application For Chief Financial Officer At Last Mile
To apply, Click Here
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED