The service of a Balance Sheet Manager is needed at At Standard Chartered Bank.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine balance sheet reporting tasks such as A/D ratios.
- Applies policies to given situations and knows where to seek advice when faced with an ambiguous issue requiring interpretation
- Monitors management action triggers and escalates action items at country level
- Provides insightful commentary on reporting packs and specialized schedules including business variance analysis linking current performance with future projections, risks and opportunities
Recommended: Latest Job Opportunities At Anglogold Ashanti
- Recognized as credible source of data and query management for business stakeholders and the monitoring key balance sheet ratios
- Contributes to discussions with Group Market Risk and ALM functions on transfer pricing for new products, stress testing assumptions, sources of funding for balance sheet and inputs for LMC/CMC/ALCO papers
- Devises forward looking balance sheet metrics-to support additional limits/capital injections
- Scans the wider external environment to anticipate, influence and contribute to the formation and subsequent interpretation of rules and regulations through the engaging of other professional industry subject matter experts both within and outside the Bank
- COFF/COL computation
- Core and non- core computation
- Act as secretary to Local ALCO
- Ensure ALCO objectives are carried out and measured by responsible parties
- Ensure the effective management of the business’s capital and balance sheet structures including funding, liquidity, currency and market risks etc;
- Back Testing
- Commitments monitoring
- Shareholders’ fund management .
Management of Subsidiary Board Papers and External Agencies Board Papers
- Socio-Economic impact study
- Quarterly Board Papers
- Undertake bank wide competitor analysis with selected banks on quarterly basis
See Also: More Job Vacancies At University of Ghana
Deliver the following reports within set deadlines –
- Forecast Balance sheet
- Capital plan and Single Borrower Limit (SBL) Projection
- Carry out a monthly analytical review of Balance sheet highlighting the key drivers of performances in term of businesses and products.
Strategy Budgeting & Forecasting
- Provide inputs into business strategies
- Prepare/Review Cost Budgeting
- Highlight opportunities and risks for management action
Investment Spend Decision Making
- Provide financial analysis and support for all investment spend
- Ensure adequate controls are in place on all projects
Operational Risk – Finance
- Act as responsible officer for EOPS balance sheet management function
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Check Also: Latest Career Opportunity At SNV
- ALCO Members
Our Ideal Candidate:
- First Degree from a reputable institution
- Professional qualifications in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, ACA plus at least five years work experience in Regulatory and Financial reporting department of a financial institution.
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and its impact of the bank’s financial reporting.
- Good working knowledge of the Group Accounting practice and Local Regulatory requirements supplemented by all round Banking experience.
- Working knowledge of Accounting/Banking systems is essential for the extraction and processing of data from the system.
- Understanding of the GL accounts is essential in assessing whether the trend of an account is irregular and requires immediate management attention.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential in dealings with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a busy and strenuous environment for long hours in order to meet set deadlines
- High level of computer literacy is required for processing data in various packages.
How To Submit An Application For Balance Sheet Manager (Standard Chartered Bank)
Click on this Button to apply.
Closing Date: 25th November, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED