Mensin Gold Bibiani Ltd (MGBL), a inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Unit Manager – Metallurgy Technical Services for its mining project located at Bibiani in the Western North Region.
Unit Manager – Metallurgy Services’ Purpose
To provide overall Metallurgical technical services and ensure effective gold recovery on the mine as well as to manage the accounting features of the gold processing plant and ensure raw materials for processing are accurate for safe sustainable plant throughput and gold recovery at a minimum cost.
- Develop and maintain Metallurgical Account, reconcile procedures, and coordinate gold room activities.
- Develop daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for production, gold recovery and operating costs Set and monitor the operating budget and control systems for the consumables.
- Design, initiate and report on laboratory and plant-based test work to improve on plant performance.
- Actively be involved in the plant decision-making process by way of reviewing and monitoring process parameters.
- Provide technical input to all project evaluations e.g. capital expenditure proposals and/or plant/process modifications.
Develop proper action plans for the plant and implement them effectively to ensure continuous
- Ensure that management systems, policies and procedures are tollowed, and resources are utilized effectively and efficiently to achieve production targets whiles Health & Safety and Environmental requirements are strictly adhered to.
Set performance targets and measures, monitor and manage the overall performance of the team members
- Mentor and provide technical inputs into the developmental training of junior metallurgists.
- Provide line staff with the necessary training, skills, knowledge and tools to do their jobs safely.
- Observe operations to detect Legal and Corporate requirements violations and report to management.
- Ensure accident and incident investigations are conducted where required and that remedial actions are implemented by scheduled dates
Required Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or related discipline from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Mineral Commission’s Certificate of Competency (Process Superintendent Certificate of Competency)
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in Metallurgical and Mineral Processing Operations.
- Demonstrable experience in flotation gold recovery.
Suggested: Massive Job Recruitment At Fairtex Group
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent understanding of process control philosophy and systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills in process plant operations.
- Strong commitment and adherence to Occupational Health and Safety principles.
- Extensive knowledge in water balancing model, mass balancing technique and mineral processing plant design.
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written) to assemble data and provide clear and accurate operational performance reports to both senior and subordinate reporting lines.
- TSF Management and knowledge in Mine wide Water Balance would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a competent team.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate other team members to achieve target.
- Understand managerial needs and directions.
- Must have experience in conflict resolution.
- Must be an innovative thinker, driven by results-achievement.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment where respect is paramount.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a demanding environment.
- Should be diligent, detailed oriented, proactive, and enthusiastic.
- Must be a team player.
How To Send Applications
Send your CVs and copies of certificates to: email@example.com with the preferred position as the subject of the email
For any interested individual within the MGBL Communities-of Interest, you may submit a copy of your application details to the MGBL COMMUNITY OFFICE located at the frontage of DUNS PARK old compound Bibiani. ONLY CITIZENS OF THE COMMUNITIES OF INTEREST MAY SUBMIT APPLICATIONS AT THE MGBL COMMUNITY OFFICE.
Deadline: Monday, 5 June 2023
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED