Asante Gold Corporation (ASG) is searching for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful person to fill the role of Regional Sustainability Manager.
- Responsible for effective management of risks and leveraging of opportunities to create a platform for consistent delivery of the company’s objectives in a safe, environmentally and socially responsible manner.
- The Regional Sustainability Manager will be responsible for develop and lead ASG’s long-term Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy and ensure its successful implementation at the various operations and facilities, in the areas of: Occupational Health & Safety, Environment, Community & Stakeholder Relations and Security.
- The role is further required to see to the identification of external and internal sustainability trends to ensure the needed practices can be embedded in Asante Gold’s operating model.
Location and Reporting Line:
The successful candidate will be in charge of Asante Gold Operations & Projects at both Sites (Bibiani & Chirano) and will be reporting to the Executive Vice President & Country Director.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally with corporate and site sustainability teams to ensure company-wide coordination as well as identification and management of health, safety, environmental and community risks and opportunities.
- Ensure safety and sustainability policies, systems and resources are in place across all sites.
- Provide oversight in ensuring maintenance of workplace safety and protection of employees’ health in line with regulations and industry best practice.
- Ensure all significant environmental risks associated with Asante Gold’s operations are clearly identified and managed in compliance with regulations and industry best practice
- Oversee and assist in securing all licenses, permits and approvals of an environmental nature required for the company’s operations; and ensure all operations are in material compliance with the terms and conditions of all such permits and licenses at all times, including the necessary environmental and safety filings and monitoring reporting.
- Establish, manage and report on matters of Corporate Governance associated with safety, health, environmental and community relations.
- In collaboration with the site sustainability teams, engage with external stakeholders in developing sustainability management plans that identify and minimize potential negative impacts on host communities, and co-create positive socio-economic benefits which improve the overall quality of people’s lives in a manner that is sustainable beyond life-of-mine.
- Oversee development of effective and feasible mine closure plans including management of the community aspects of closure.
- Provide technical and management support to mine site general management as well as environmental, health and safety, and community relations teams
- Develop safety and sustainability objectives, targets, and metrics and assist management assess the Safety & Sustainability performance of our operations.
- Oversee Asante Gold’s sustainability reporting and liaise with the site teams in collating and reviewing the required data which should be aligned to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) framework.
- Consult with site teams in overseeing implementation of Asante Gold’s Women in Mining
Policy in line with the company’s gender diversity and inclusion objectives.
- Coordinate development of Asante Gold’s Climate Resilience Strategy and oversee key workstreams such as determination of baseline HG emissions footprint, implementation of the strategy and annual inventory determination.
- Ensure there is a comprehensive and effective succession management strategy in place for the safety, environmental and community relations teams across all operations, and continuously build the capabilities of the teams and their members.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Suggested Post: AngloGold Ashanti Limited Career Opportunities
Qualification, Work Experience & Key Competencies
Minimum Qualification & Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Environmental Science, Mining Engineering, Geosciences or a related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the mining industry with a focus on safety, environmental management and community relations.
- Experience in development and implementation of corporate-wide safety and sustainability management systems and performance metrics.
- Experience in permitting processes including baseline studies, environmental and social impact assessments, consultation and coordination with all stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of occupational health and safety systems including hazard identification and risk assessments, controls for critical tasks, incident management and investigations.
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management and co-designing of socio-economic interventions and programmes.
- Experience in auditing of safety and sustainability systems.
Technical Competencies/ Skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive performance improvement initiatives in a complex and global organization.
- Experience in negotiating and collaborating with stakeholders including traditional leaders, local community members, local governments, regulators and interest groups.
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to motivate, lead and empower teams to develop a high performance culture.
- A high standard of personal integrity and professionalism is required.
How To Send Applications To ASG For The Role: Sustainability Manager
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application and CV to: Chiranor.firstname.lastname@example.org with the role title indicated in the subject area.
Deadline for submission: 15th May, 2023.
ONLY selected candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED