Asante Gold Corporation (ASG) is searching for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful person to fill the role of a Group Mining Engineer.
ASG Job Profile For Group Mining Engineer
To organize, direct and coordinate the technical and operational activities, provide alignment and the standardization of all mining functions to drive continuous improvement outcomes for Asante Gold Corporation.
Location and Reporting Line
The successful candidate will be charge of Asante Operations & Projects and will be reporting to the Vice President, Technical Services.
- Ensure compliance that set Asante Gold Safety KPI’s are complied with in all sites.
- Support site with the company’s zero harm policies and implementation.
- Accountable and responsible for the implementation and enforcing all mining legal statutory requirements for all sites and ensure all permits required are up to date.
- Provide mine technical and operational support to sites and ensure compliance to all technical inputs.
Monitor all site mining forecast (Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly) compliance and advice team members on impacts and risk to the approved budget.
- Ensure compliance to all technical inputs (Geology, Geotech, Planning and Survey) and encourage good mining practices always for all sites.
- Identify, manage, and communicate all risks to the mine plan on time with suggested solution and mitigations.
- Install, manage, and identify opportunities for optimizing the mining systems, processes, and practices.
- Establish and manage the Quality Assurance and Quality Control requirements for the mining operations.
- Ensure all Asante sites are aligned to all mining protocol and standards.
- Identity and implement training programs within the sites with respect to personnel competencies.
- Ensure forecast and budgets are completed on time for management reviews.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Recommended: New Job At Nestlé CWAR
Qualification, Work Experience & Key Competencies
Minimum Qualification & Experience
- BSc Mining / Engineering/ Technical Degree or or relevant qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
- A post graduate/master’s degree in any of these fields will be an advantage.
- Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency issued by the Minerals Commission of Ghana is mandatory.
- At least fifteen (15) years of experience combined in both open pit and underground operations of which 6 years should be in a management position.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in holding technical and operational roles in both open pit and underground operations.
• Proven knowledge and understanding of Mining Regulations and relevant applicable legislations.
- Demonstrate both technical and operation capabilities in mining.
- Demonstrate a strong technical ability, technical experience in one of the fields would be advantageous.
- Must have been in a managerial position in Mining, with the ability to lead various teams including contractors.
- Familiar with mining and technical software
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to drive as will be required to move from site to site.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a competent team.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Understand managerial needs and directions
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a strong interpersonal skill
- Must be an assertive person.
- Must be able to operate on his/her own.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate positive safety behavior and leadership.
- Must be able to operate confidently at all levels of the operations
How To Submit An Application
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application and CV to: Chiranohr.firstname.lastname@example.org with the role title indicated in the subject area.
Deadline: 28th April, 2023.
Please note: ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED