Asante Gold Corporation (ASG) is searching for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful person to fill the role of a Group Reliability Engineer.
Increase equipment life and reliability by improving equipment condition, using advanced tools such as vibration analysis and predictive/preventative maintenance techniques, and recommend operational, maintenance, and process changes to maximize equipment reliability and life expectancy.
Location and Reporting Line
The successful candidate will be charge of Asante Operations & Projects and will be reporting to the Vice President, Technical Services.
Suggested: Job Placement At Rainforest Alliance
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance that set Asante Gold Safety KPI’s are complied with in all sites.
- Support site with the company’s zero harm policies and implementation.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the team of Engineers at both mines to deliver insights into equipment reliability, risk mitigation, operate for reliability, and loss prevention initiatives.
- Ensure fixed/mobile Asset Management teams are supported to make key maintenance decisions through best-in-class asset strategies, life cycle cost modelling, and execution of reliability principles.
- Lead reliability programs across Asante Gold fixed/mobile Asset Management function including defect elimination and operate for reliability.
- Support the establishment of Global focused Asset Management technical trends and thought leadership both internally and externally.
- Communicate and establish Asset Management and reliability best practices and technical vision across Asante Gold portfolio.
- Guide and ensure through expert input and leadership the development of Life Cycle Cost profiles and finalize Life Cycle Cost Models to evaluate different scenarios and provide recommendations on decisions regarding asset design, purchase, maintenance, and replacement.
- Collaborate with capital projects teams regarding Design for Reliability, Operability and Maintainability (DROM), and Operational Readiness.
- Review and optimize asset strategies using detailed CM or MO methodologies.
- Collaborate with Asset Management Strategic Planning group to determine asset criticality and prioritize strategy development.
- Drive work to identify critical spares and provide recommendations regarding stock levels.
- Ensure development of appropriate risk mitigation plans for critical equipment
- Ensure the loss accounting systems are implemented and maintained and supported through guidance and leadership provided to the Engineers at both mines.
- Guide the Operate for Reliability (OR) program with Operations at both mines through effective leadership and expertise shared.
- Ensure the establishment and implementation Fixed/Mobile Asset Management Defect
Elimination program, resulting into reliability and defect elimination principles being ingrained across the Asset Management value chain.
- Ensure formal root cause analysis approach is utilized to determine effective solutions and ensure learnings are shared across the portfolio to drive rapid replication of best practice.
- Continuous analysis of maintenance data with the reliability teams on both sites to determine potential improvements and apply through action plans derived across all AM elements, (Work Management, Materials Management).
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, database management.
• Strong understanding of mechanical, electrical and maintenance concepts.
Read Also: Hapag-Lloyd AG Job Vacancy
Leadership and Behavioural Attributes
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods, and procedures to work situation.
- Good team player in task involving cross-functional teams.
- Results oriented drive and solid work ethics with exceptional attention to details.
Ability to train and mentor team members and demonstrate safety leadership.
- Willingness and ability to perform field work in an extreme mining environment.
- Working environment is multi-cultural and hence sensitivity is required.
- Valuing diversity and inclusion practices are essential.
- Extended working hours.
- Stringent deadlines.
- High volume work.
- Routine / non-routine duties.
- Medically fit for the position and environment.
Check This: Career Opening At Kabod Group
How To Submit An Application To ASG For Group Reliability Engineer
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application and CV to: Chiranor.firstname.lastname@example.org with the role title indicated in the subject area.
Deadline: 28th April, 2023.
Please note: ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED