Unilever has an ongoing recruitment at some of their branches in Ghana & Nigeria. The company is looking to hire an ACT Expertise Analyst. The Africa Controllership Team ‘ACT’ focuses on Financial Reporting control matters and leads the Africa (initially only West Africa) Controllership agenda, which include monitoring controls (including documentation), identifying and driving improvement opportunities, training, sharing best practices, and supporting the country Controllers to prioritise stewardship matters.
Main Job Purpose:
The Africa Controllership Team (ACT) Expertise Analyst has a passion for improving stewardship across Africa and maintains an independent view on the health of the business internal control environment. They act with objectivity and ethics, seeing the bigger picture & holding the mirror up whilst moving between controls, accounting & value-based topics.
The role supports the ACT Expertise Lead to achieve the objectives/purpose of the team as set out above (subject to change by agreement with the Africa Controller).
Within this remit, it is expected that the role will deliver the following:
Monitoring of Control Operation:
The role will directly do the monitoring of:
- over 1/2 of the ACT activities to review countries’ Global Framework ‘GFCF’ controls operation
- over 1/2 of the ACT activities to review countries’ GFCF documentation standards (through an online tool eGRC lite)
- over 1/2 of the ACT activities to review countries’ non-GFCF control operation and documentation
The role will perform some independent testing of controls, based on the scope determined each year by the Unilever global central accounting and controls team (Group Chief Accountants Department ‘GCAD’), in accordance with the Financial Controls Assessment ‘FCA’ Unilever testing standards (derived from Sarbanes-Oxley section 404).
Also See: Graduate Job Recruitment At KPMG
Key Skills And Relevant Experience
- A Chartered Accountant and Member of a Professional Body (in-country Accounting Certifying body) with at least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role and FMCG environment.
- Qualified and experienced to perform Sox testing, audit, internal control, corporate governance, and financial reporting.
- Excellent Communication – written and verbal.
Job Location: Ghana & Nigeria
How To Submit An Application For Unilever’s Recruitment
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED