Mensin Gold calling for applications for Suitably qualified and interested persons for the positions of Unit Manager – Mechanical for its mining project located at Bibiani in the Western North Region.
To develop and implement mechanical aspects of Processing Plant maintenance through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’s strategic objective.
- Manage the departmental budget in line with the company’s objectives and strategy.
- Ensure all subordinates are competent in the utilisation of the company’s asset maintenance management system to support a smooth transition into operations.
- Coordinate with the planning section to set/review maintenance strategies for all mechanical equipment.
- Develop and maintain the Mechanical Engineering Management Plan, as a key Project Execution Plan, sub plan for the area of accountability.
- Identify risk and develop risk mitigation plans and activities for all mechanical works.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with the Supply team to establish the inventory and spare parts for the processing plant mechanical maintenance.
- Design and put in place a monitoring and reporting structure to provide major inputs to the Engineering Manager to allow reporting of operational readiness for the mechanical aspects of the Processing Plant engineering/ maintenance throughout the operation.
- Provide internal processes that support management of the interface with the contractor for construction and refurbishment works.
- Reduced energy usage by running the mine energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within sphere of influence.
- Develop a Safety Management plan within your jurisdiction and ensure that relevant Safety, Mining and Statutory Regulation remain in full compliance.
- Ensure zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
Read Also: Unit Manager – Metallurgy Technical Services
Required Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, maintenance engineering or its equivalent.
- Must possess a minimum of Sectional Engineer’s Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana; Engineering Superintendent/Manager’s certificate would be an advantage.
- Professional Engineering Certification with a relevant certification body is desirable.
- An experienced mechanical maintenance engineer with 10+ years’ experience preferably in Metallurgical
Processing Plant maintenance.
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC).
- Knowledge of a standard work management system.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems would be an advantage.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including word, excel, power point and outlook.
- Proven competency in Maintenance and Project Management.
- Strong mechanical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment.
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Commercially and legally astute to able to work effectively with third parties.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a competent team.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate other team members to achieve target.
- Understand managerial needs and directions.
- Must have experience in conflict resolution.
- Must demonstrate positive safety behaviour and leadership.
- Must be an innovative thinker, driven by results-achievement.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment where respect is paramount.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a demanding environment.
- Should be diligent, detailed oriented, proactive, and enthusiastic.
- Must be a team player.
Guide to Apply For The Mechanical Unit Manager Role
Forward your CVs and copies of certificates to: email@example.com with the position as the subject of the email
For any interested individual within the MGBL Communities-of Interest, you may submit a copy of your application details to the MGBL COMMUNITY OFFICE located at the frontage of DUNS PARK old compound Bibiani. ONLY CITIZENS OF THE COMMUNITIES OF INTEREST MAY SUBMIT APPLICATIONS AT THE MGBL COMMUNITY OFFICE.
Closing Date: Monday, 5th June, 2023
Please Kindly note that only those shortlisted will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED