Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacancy of Senior Research Officer (Speech Writing Coordination) in the Parliament Service of Ghana.
Scope of work includes, preparation and coordination of speeches, ensuring consistency and adherence to approved public positions of Parliament, and maintaining reference files of positions on public issues of key Officials of Parliament and Parliamentary Service.
The Senior Research Officer (Speech Writing Coordination) shall provide support to the Clerk and Management of the Service through the Director of Research, by per forming the following duties:
- prepare speeches for delivery at various fora, conferences, and parliamentary engagements by key Officials of Parliament including the RI. Hon. Speaker. Leadership Clerk to Parliament and other Officials
- write and/or coordinate the messages of the Rt. Hon Speaker Leadership, and the Clerk to Parliament in official publications.
- ensure that all speeches of key Officials of Parliament and Parliamentary Service adhere to approved publie positions on major issues and corporate objectives,
- maintain a reference file and familiarity with speeches of key Officials of the State, Parliament, Parliamentary Service, and positions on public issues.
- maintain a database with current events and literature appropriate to the development of high-quality written speeches
- provide inputs and guidance on speech development and delivery of key Officials of Parliament and Parliamentary Service.
- provide consistency in all executive communications with corporate position, and message of key Officials of Parliament.
- monitor and ensure the quality and style of all executive-level written communications of the Parliamentary Service.
- develop a stylebook for Speech writers of the Parliamentary Service.
Qualification & Experience
- A good First degree in English, Communication Studies or a related subject area from a recognised university with a minimum of nine (9) years relevant post qualification experience with at least 3 years in a position analogous to Assistant Director I in the Public Service
- A Master’s degree preferably a Master of Philosophy De gree in the relevant subject area with at least six (6) years post-qualification experience with at least 3 years in a position analogous to Assistant Director I in the Public Service.
An applicant should not be above fifty (50) years of age on the date of appointment to the post.
Attractive with fringe benefits.
Mode Of Application
Interested applicants may submit soft copies of their application together with their curriculum vitae to: email@example.com
Please indicate your email address as well as your telephone and / or fax numbers to facilitate case of contact.
Additionally, applicants are also required to submit hard copies application to the address below:
THE CLERK TO PARLIAMENT
PARLIAMENTARY SERVICE OF GHANA
PARLIAMENT OP GHANA
Closing Date for the submission: Friday, 23rd June, 2023, 5:00pm
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED