The Secretariat of the WTO is seeking to fill a position of Recruitment Specialist in the Human Resources Division. This is a fixed-term contract funded through the regular budget. The duration will be two years with the possibility of extension.
This is an External Vacancy Notice open to external candidates and WTO staff. It is posted on the WTO internal as well as external career site. Eligible WTO staff on short-term, fixed-term or regular contracts and interns must apply through the Workday internal career site.
Check This: Generation New Job Vacancy
- Execute end-to-end recruitment processes for assigned fixed-term vacancies, including preparation of job descriptions and vacancy notices, advising hiring divisions on hiring processes, participating in selection panels as the HR representative, etc.
- Undertake research on selection methods and make suggestions on appropriate selection tools, including choice of tests, role plays, case studies, assessment centres and psychometric tests; assist in preparing such role plays, tests and case studies as needed.
- Actively contribute to enhancing recruitment workflow processes by codifying, reviewing and analysing current operations as well as researching on recruitment practices in comparable organizations; contribute to making information on recruitment clearer and more accessible to relevant stakeholders, e.g. creating manuals/handbooks for hiring managers, drafting parts of a policy document, improving the information presented in the career section of the official WTO website.
- Assist in the hiring process for temporary positions to ensure that temporary staff members are recruited according to WTO staff rules and regulations and hiring practices.
- Familiarize oneself as an active user of the recruitment module of Workday; develop a thorough understanding of the platform, make continuous improvements in collaboration with the internal team supporting Workday and monitor the performance of the website.
- Conduct regular statistical analysis of recruitment operations of the team; contribute to establishing and keeping up-to-date recruitment plans of the team; and assist with workforce planning as required.
- Create and maintain networks with recruitment officers in other international organizations; keep oneself abreast of the latest trends in recruitment and talent acquisition and make recommendations on ways to apply it in the WTO hiring context.
- Contribute to updating recruitment outreach material and participate in outreach activities of the WTO as necessary.
Required Qualification For The Position Recruitment Specialist At WTO
- Advanced university degree in Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Business Administration or a relevant field; or alternatively a basic university degree combined with professional expertise in the recruitment or talent acquisition field, equivalent to an advanced university degree.
- CIPD, SHRM or equivalent accreditation valued but not essential.
Knowledge and Skills:
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Overall knowledge and understanding of HR management.
- Knowledge of various recruitment methods and latest trends in HR and talent acquisition.
- Analytical skills. Problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good drafting skills in English.
- Familiarity with the Workday Recruiting and/or other comparable software is an advantage.
- Curiosity and willingness to try out new things while being sensitive to existing practices/culture.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Tact and discretion and the ability to adhere rigorously to requirements of confidentiality.
- Client service-oriented mindset. Ability to take accountability and demonstrate commitment to get work done.
- The following interpersonal capabilities are required: ability to communicate information in a clear way and to understand information; ability to face and cope with conflict situations with colleagues; ability to persuade others to a point of view using facts; ability to work as a member of a team, relating to others, while working independently to achieve his/her objectives; ability to initiate and build relationships with a variety of people both inside and outside the organization.
- Minimum three years of experience in recruitment, talent acquisition or a relevant field. Work experience in international organizations will be considered an asset.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English (at a level corresponding or equivalent to a minimum of C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)) and a working knowledge of French (minimum B2 level). Knowledge of Spanish would be a distinct advantage.
Don’t Miss These Opportunities:
- WTO Young Professionals Programme 2024
- MBA Online Courses to Enroll in 2023
- Exciting Job Offers At Voltic Ghana
How To Submit An Application For Recruitment Specialist At WTO
Application Deadline: 11th April, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED