The Public Utilities Regulatory Commission (PURC) has announced measures put in place to compensate customers who were affected by the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) prepaid system challenges.
This comes after the PURC’s extensive engagement with management of the ECG over the prepaid glitches. The Public Utilities Regulatory Commission (PURC) announced this new development in a recent press statement to the public domain.
How Customers can receive their compensation
- From Monday, October 24 to Friday, October 28, 2022, customers who were adversely affected by the ECG prepayment system vending failure are to visit the ECG District Offices in their respective districts and the ECG website (www.ecg.com.gh), or any PURC Regional Office and the PURC website (www.purc.com.gh) to complete and submit forms for consideration for compensation.
- ECG, under PURC’s regulatory oversight, shall investigate and analyse information contained in submitted forms and compensate affected customers accordingly.
- Only customers whose electricity supply was interrupted due to the vending failure will be considered for compensation.
The Commission has assured its stakeholders that it is committed to protecting the interests of both utilities and consumers.
You might also like:
- Qatar Airways FIFA World Cup Jobs 2022
- Ghana Cedi crosses 15 to the US dollar
- $1 will equal GHC20.00 soon – Kwaw Kese
- We reject their rejection – MOE PRO to NAGRAT following new GES DG appointment
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED