The is an Open Position At CARE Ghana. The organization, Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE), is in search of a Project Director for the ADWUMA PA project.
- The Project Director will be responsible for the management of project budget and ensure effective and efficient allocation and utilization of project assets and resources.
- He/she will ensure there is optimal compliance with contract obligations, and partners have the capacities to administer the funds and utilize in an accountable manner.
- He/she shall keep the project team informed of all processes and procedures related to the ADWUMA PA project including capacity building. He/She will work closely with the project’s “core team” to understand the technical components of the project and guide the team through its final year.
- The Project Director for the ADWUMA PA project will report directly to the Program Team Leader-Social and Women’s Economic Justice+Health Equity and Rights.
Check Also: Amazing Job Opportunities At Tampico Beverages
The Project Director will be based in the Kumasi Sub-office.
- Responsible and accountable for the management of project budget, and effective and efficient allocation and utilization of project assets and resources.
- Supervise key project staff
- Supervise and support the MEAL Specialist in the implementation of key performance indicators (KPIs) contained in the Comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (CMEP) for the Adwuma Pa project
- Supervise and support the MEAL Specialist to collect, analyze and update data on project participants using developed and approved tools/templates/forms
- Responsible for maintaining professional working relationships with the donor (USDOL).
- Submission of timely progress and final reports to the Donor
- Responsible for maintaining professional working relationships with Adwuma Pa Project partners/stakeholders i.e. COCOBOD, Olam Food Ingredients (OFI), Child Rights International (CRI), Youth Organisation for Transformation in Africa (YOTA), District/Municipal Assemblies, Ghana Enterprises Agency-Business Advisory Centres (BACs), Complementary Education Agency (CEA), Community Development Committees (CDCs), District/Community Gender Child Protection Committees (D/CGCPCs) within the Adwuma Pa operational areas
See Also: Recent Job Placement At Fido
Required Skills or Experience
- Understanding of key labor issues, including child labor, forced labor, gender discrimination, and workplace exploitation.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Practical knowledge of donor regulations i.e. USAID/USDOL/USDA, EC, DFID, etc
- Lastly, Fluency in English and relevant national language
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in project management, supervision, administration, and implementation of cooperative agreement and/or contract requirements (including meeting deadlines, achieving targets, establishing and maintaining systems for management.
- Experience establishing and maintaining systems for managing project operations.
- Proven success serving in a leadership role for a project addressing issues of child labor, forced labor, or workplace exploitation.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain working relationships with all project stakeholders and engages in coalition building and public-private partnership promotion.
- Demonstrate experience working in supply chains and/or skills training
Recommended: L’AINE Services Limited Open Slot
- Strategic Leadership and Execution
- Applies vision to think beyond the immediate situation and explores multiple potential paths. Invests time in planning, discovery, and reflection to better drive decisions and more efficient implementation. Ensures that business goals are met by executing, monitoring, and adjusting the organizational action plan.
- Inspires, motivates, and empowers people to achieve organizational goals.
- Coaches, mentors, and manages employee experience, and employee performance, through mindful preparation. Creates space for others to lead.
- Effectively and appropriately interacts with others to build relationships, influence others, and facilitate the sharing of ideas and information. Uses tact, diplomacy, and cross-cultural sensitivity to navigate difficult situations.
- Relays key messages by creating a compelling story, targeted to specific audiences with a global lens.
- Masters’ degree in Social Work, Psychology, Community Development, Agriculture or other related field.
Other Suggested Posts:
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Hapag-Lloyd
- Transnational Academic Group Career Opportunity
- Kizz Daniel Cancels Concert in Ghana
How To Send An Application For CARE Ghana’s Open Position
You may submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to: email@example.com with “Project Director Application” in the subject line.
Deadline: Wednesday, 4th January, 2023.
About The Care Ghana Adwuma Pa Project:
Care Ghana has an open position because of this project. CARE International in Ghana is implementing the Adwuma Pa Project funded by the United States Department of Labor/Bureau of International Labor Affairs (USDOL/ILAB). CARE leads the Adwuma Pa project implementation with two sub-grantees: Youth Opportunity for Transformation in Africa (YOTA) and Child Rights International (CRI). The project operates within the Olam Food Ingredients (OFI) supply chain in the Bono, Ahafo and Central regions targeting eighty (80) communities.
Moreover, The project had an original period of performance of 48 months (16th November 2018 to 15th November 2022), but was extended for one more year, ending on November 15, 2023
The project targets 5,000 direct participants (made up of 2,500 girls aged 15-17; and 2,500 women aged 18+ years) and 15,000 indirect participants in 80 communities located in four districts within the OFI operational areas.
The project’s objective is to reduce the risk of child and forced labor, and other exploitative labor practices by improving the economic participation and empowerment of women and girls within cocoa-producing communities in Ghana. It focuses on empowering vulnerable women and girls and improving business practices of private sector actors to protect against child labor (CL), forced labor (FL) and other labor rights violations (LRV).
We are committed to advancing gender equality and diversity in the workplace and to growing our pool of young talent.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED