The Ghana Meteorological Agency is currently hiring a Deputy Director-General (Operations).
The Ghana Meteorological Agency (GMet) seeks to recruit suitably qualified persons into the aforementioned position to provide leadership, technical and operational direction in the dispensation of the mandate of the Agency.
The purpose of Deputy Director-General (Operations) is to provide technical and administrative leadership for the achievement of the goals and objectives of GMet.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the provision of reliable, timely and relevant weather information and forecast
- Exercises oversight responsibility for the engineering and technical support services of GMet
- Ensures that research and product development activities of GMet are effectively carried out
- Ensures the establishment of a network of observing stations and the processing of data Manages the technical operations of GMet
- Coordinates the activities of the Directorates responsible for Research and Applied Meteorology, Synoptic Meteorology & Forecasting, Basic Network and Data
- Engineering & Technical Services and the Regions
- Provides inputs towards the preparation of the budget
Qualification Required & Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Meteorology or its equivalent in a related field from a recognised tertiary institution
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant post qualification work experience, five (5) of which must be in a senior management position
- A PhD qualification in a relevant field would be an added advantage
- Must pass a prescribed interview conducted by the Public Services Commission in consultation with GMet Board
How To Submit An Application For Deputy Director-General, Operations
Interested applicants are to submit the following documents by post or by hand to the address below:
- An application letter
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae with contact telephone numbers, email address and three referees, including contact details internal candidates must have two satisfactory Staff Performance
- Appraisal Reports for immediate past years iv. A vision statement of a maximum length of two pages
- Photocopies of academic Certificates
- Any other relevant information
THE AG, DIRECTOR-GENERAL
GHANA METEOROLOGICAL AGENCY
P. O. BOX LG 87
Qualified women and people with disability are encouraged to apply
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED