Asante Gold Corporation is hiring for the role of Mine Surveyor – Underground, for it’s subsidiary, Chirano Gold Mines. The role is based in Chirano, Western North Region- Ghana and will be reporting to the Chief Surveyor.
The role will focus on planning, directing, and ensuring that all survey activities relating to development ends, stopes, ore reserves areas, drawing of plans and sections are carried out efficiently and in conformity with specifications and standard professional practices.
- Practice and promote Company environmental, health, safety and operational policies and procedures and actively participate in the Company’s Continuous Improvement Programme
- Coordinate with the Short-Term Planning and Medium-Term Planning groups on changes in temporary and final limits of stockpiles, dumps, and special projects.
- Maximize effective ore and waste movement by coordinating routine surveys with the team to measure haul roads, the mining pit and product stockpiles.
- Inspect surveys thoroughly to determine whether the pit and other mine sites are safe for drilling.
- Assist the Chief Mine Surveyor in establishing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) for all survey tasks on pits, waste dump, stockpile, drone, and prism surveys.
- Conduct Cavity Monitoring System (CMS) surveys as required in a timely manner and make the data available.
Generate mark out plans for ore demarcations and any designs strings.
Develop safe working procedures and continually update SOP’s when necessary.
- Assist in planning and updating production surveys, and ensure they are executed according to short term production planning requests, to achieve the mine’s long-term targets.
- Work in collaboration with the other stakeholders on detailed Mine topography and spatial designs to predict earthwork movements and associated costs.
- Deliver survey volumes to management by providing timely and accurate reports to enable effective decision-making.
- Ensure mine development follows the designs by carrying out regular pickups of the headings and compare with design, and report any discrepancy for immediate actions.
- Maintain and ensure integrity of survey data through check surveys and calibration of instrumentation.
Ensure that surveying services provided at the Mine Site meets the highest quality and safety standards.
- Assist in managing and coordinating the installation of survey pegs and indicators.
Provide surveying inputs and expertise to facilitate the preparation of monthly production plans and manage the preparation and provision of ore seam plans.
- Lead execution of strategies to enhance current survey practices and performances in achieving the organization’s overall strategy.
- Contribute to the business’ capability to mine safely by actively identifying risks and threats to achieving targets and develop & manage programs to minimize or eliminate those risks.
Build the capabilities of the team to enhance the section’s ability to achieve financial and operating strategy.
- Ensure crew operates/undertakes any work in a safe and efficient manner.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/ Manager.
Check Also: Exciting Career Opening At Accra Brewery Limited
Education, Work Experience & Key Competencies
- First degree in Geomatic Engineering or related field of stud from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience in a mining environment preferably in Underground operations.
- Good working knowledge and experience in underground mine survey and design best practices.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and executing of Project works, Mine Operations and other Survey functions.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), MS Project, surveying systems – GIS and ArcGIS, AutoCAD & 3D Visualization skills.
- Strong knowledge in the use of Surpac Software, Leica, Topkon, Sokkia survey instruments and GPS equipment.
- Working knowledge of baseline, geodetic and Cadastral surveys.
- Ability to operate a drone and use any drone post processing software is highly regarded.
- Ability to conduct Cavity Monitoring System (CMS) surveys.
- Holder of Mine Rescue and valid First Aid Certificates preferred.
- Possess a valid Ghanaian drivers’ License.
Recruitment Guide For The Role Of Mine Surveyor – Underground
Forward your application and CV to: Chiranohr.firstname.lastname@example.org with the role title indicated in the subject line.
Submission Deadline: 21st November, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED