The service of a Senior Resource Geologist At this mining company. Asante Gold corporation is hiring for it’s subsidiary, Chirano Gold Mines. The position is based in Chirano, Western North Region- Ghana and will be reporting to the Chief Geologist.
To provide Mineral Resources and Grade Control estimation and modelling support to the department and analyze geological data to determine the location of valuable minerals and natural resources.
The Senior Resource Geologist is accountable for providing reliable Mineral Resource models for business planning purposes by maintaining and improving systems of work that will ensure integrity of base data, application of appropriate grade and tonnage estimation methods, and appropriate documentation.
- Practice and promote Company environmental, health, safety and operational policies and procedures and actively participate in the Company’s Continuous Improvement Program.
- Prepare the Business Unit Plan for resource geology and set strategic direction for geological activities at the mine site to fit into the overall framework.
- Execute intermediate and long-term strategies that support growth of resource geology and ensure strategies are concretely linked to the organization’s overall strategy.
- Review LOM plans relative to Resource models and determines risk/opportunity in the plan.
- Assist in the evaluation of Mine-Mill reconciliation cycle and report on discrepancies between
Resource and Grace Control Models.
- Ensure that appropriate Resource standards are met, both internally and for reporting codes.
- Coordinate programs in collaboration with colleagues and other internal stakeholders to ensure optimal utilization of available resources.
- Ensure that appropriate Resource methods are used across the range of geological activities which include assay techniques, density determinations and volumetric methods.
Support in external and internal audit processes.
- Interpret complex data and make objective assessments on evaluation methods and resource potential.
- Develop and maintain reporting systems for the section that are in line with Asante standards with a particular focus on reconciliation, effective grade control, quality assurance/ quality control and Resource/Reserve Development drilling programs.
- Develop systems & measures that appropriately assess geology performance and review progress to ensure achievement of set targets.
- Responsible for the calculation of ore reserves, definition of geological structures, development, and execution of reserve replacement programs.
Ensure proper drilling program, data validation, QAQC and Sampling/Assay Protocols, as well as effective geological mapping.
Establish the necessary evaluation processes and practices for the resource geology.
Participate in the preparation of Mineral Resource and integrated model updates.
- Develop the annual Evaluation cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and Life of Mine business plans.
- Contribute to the business’ capability to mine safely by actively identifying risks and threats to achieving targets and develop & manage programs to minimize or eliminate those risks.
- Develop safe working procedures and continually update SOP’s when necessary.
- Build the capabilities of the team to enhance the section’s ability to achieve financial and operating strategy.
Ensure crew operates/undertakes any work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/ Manager.
Also Check: Job Posting At Interplast Company Limited
Education, Work Experience & Key Competencies:
- First degree in Geology /Geosciences / Geological Engineering, or related field of study from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in resource modelling and evaluation for both surface and underground mining.
- Excellent knowledge in practical Geostatistics, Resource/Reserve Estimation and Reconciliation.
Proficiency in Geological Modelling and Grade Control software.
- Proficient in a wide range of Resource modelling and geostatistical methods. Exposure to exploration practices, ore deposit development techniques and mine geology practices.
In-depth knowledge of international Resource and Reserve codes.
Effective cost management and productivity improvement skills.
- Ability to supervise geophysics work programs and interpret geophysical datasets.
- Advanced understanding of geological processes and structural settings, sampling techniques, and analytical processes with strong structural geology skills and Birmian gold deposit models.
Experienced with Micromine, Mapinfo, Leapfrog and Datamine Studio RM is highly preferred.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including word, excel, power point, outlook, etc.
Possess a valid Ghanaian drivers’ License.
Mode of Application For The Position: Senior Resource Geologist
Send your application and CV to: Chiranohr.email@example.com with the role title indicated in the subject line.
Deadline for submission: 26th November, 2023.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED