Standard Chartered Bank has a new job vacancy for the position of Mgr, Tax.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To support the Regional tax Manager, West Africa in managing above and below the line taxes to increase the Group earnings.
- In conjunction with the Regional Tax Manager (RTM), West Africa, update and implement tax strategies to facilitate lowering of effective tax rates
- Work with RTM, WA to identify ideas and opportunities (and communicate high value ideas to relevant parties for implementation)
- Organising / participation in brainstorming sessions and leveraging off local advisors and other contacts (e.g. networking with local banks)
- Tax Reporting and Forecasting
- Preparation of workings for Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited’s corporation tax reports for the purposes of the financial pack.
- Ensure correct reporting in the tax packs
- Provide assistance in preparation of forecasts of the Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited’s tax liabilities in line with the ETR management programme and monitor progress towards achieving the forecast ETR.
- Prepare reports to the Financial Controller and Regional Tax Manager, West Africa on a timely basis on the various tax provision and tax charge.
- Assistance in preparation of UK Controlled Foreign Company legislation.
- Processes (Processes for which the role is responsible under the Operational Risk Framework as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising)
- Tax Internal Controls
- Review of all corporate tax returns prior to submission
- Support in the monitoring of rolling programme of Health Check Audits and reviews across the region, and implementation of resulting recommendations
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified accountant (CA, ACCA, CPA, CITG or equivalent)
- Minimum 7 years post-qualification experience at a major firm of chartered accountants and/ or an international group, preferably with a banking or financial sector bias
- Knowledge of Ghana tax laws and practice. Knowledge of West African countries and/or UK tax law would be an advantage.
- Good research and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a ready appreciation of business issues
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, capable of working without close supervision
- Proficiency in basic computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
How To Submit An Application To Standard Chartered For The Role Of Tax Manager
Closing Date: 19th May, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED