The Secretariat of the WTO is seeking to fill the post of Legal Advisor to the Human Resources Division.
Reporting to the Head of Compensation & Benefits, Policy and Insurance Section, the incumbent will fulfil the following functions:
- Provide legal advice to the HR Director and HRD staff on the interpretation and application of the Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Prepare draft amendments to the Staff Regulations and Rules, Administrative Memoranda, HR policies and practices in accordance with the existing regulatory framework.
- Perform legal research and analysis on HR-related legal issues/questions and HR-policy matters and prepare legal opinions, briefs, reports and correspondence.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of HR policies and develop and/or conduct briefing sessions for staff and managers on new/revised policies.
- Advise on the efficient and timely implementation of entitlements and benefits in accordance with the Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and relevant policies and in the management of long-term sick leave cases in collaboration with the Medical Service.
- Provide support to the Join Advisory Committee as needed.
- Serve as HR focal point for prohibited conduct and participate in the support network to address systemic issues.
- Manage and update the Staff Online Administrative Manual (SOAM).
- Keep abreast of practices in other intergovernmental organizations and of relevant jurisprudence from the Administrative Tribunal of the International Labour Organization (ILOAT). Participate in meetings with other International Organizations regarding HR legal and policy matters.
See: Job Post At American Bureau Of Shipping
- Advanced university degree in law. A first level university degree in combination with proven professional expertise equivalent to an advanced university degree in law may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. A licence or eligibility to be licensed to practice law in at least one municipal jurisdiction is desirable.
Knowledge and Skills:
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of HR matters. Ability to draft, analyse and research HR policy.
- Knowledge of international administrative law and its application, in particular ability to provide legal advice on HR legal matters.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Excellent organization and planning skills and ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to display empathy, building relationships on trust, positive attitude, strong values and professional integrity.
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Highly developed tact and discretion and the ability to adhere rigorously to rules of conduct ensuring confidentiality, impartiality, and an absence of conflicts of interest.
- Minimum three years of relevant professional experience including in an international organization.
- Fluency in French and English is essential (minimum C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Good working knowledge of Spanish (minimum B2 level) is desirable.
Check: MTN Ghana Latest Job Posting
How To Submit An Application For Legal Advisor At WTO
Closing Date: 6th April, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED