The Secretariat of the WTO is seeking to fill the position of Head of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement Facility (TFAF) in the Market Access Division to oversee the work and staff of the TFAF and to maintain relationships with donors to ensure continued funding.
Under the overall guidance of the Director of the Market Access Division the incumbent will be required to:
1. Oversee the operation of the TFAF and the trust fund
Manage the TFAF team of one professional and three administrative staff to ensure effective and efficient delivery of TFAF’s mandate in a timely manner. Ensure that team members understand their duties and coordinate the team to deliver activities. Establish and monitor performance and development goals of staff, fix annual work objectives and conduct annual performance evaluation reviews.
Manage and oversee administrative requirements and their timely delivery, including:
- the annual workplan which involves identifying Members’ needs for the upcoming year within the mandate of the TFAF. Working with a representative group of WTO Members to identify specific priorities and activities for that year and submitting a draft plan to the Trade Facilitation Committee for its review.
- the annual report, and logical framework, that monitors and reports on TFA performance and progress of the preceding year.
- regular written and oral reports on TFAF activities to the Trade Facilitation Committee.
- periodic independent evaluations as required by the TFAF Operational Guidelines.
Apply: Job Opening At Canonical
- Advanced university degree in law, international relations, international trade, customs, economics, or another relevant degree, or basic university degree combined with extensive experience and knowledge in border processes and trade facilitation, equivalent to an advanced university degree in the aforementioned domain(s).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good general knowledge of trade policy and trade facilitation.
- In-depth knowledge of the Trade Facilitation Agreement.
- Experience with and/or strong knowledge of customs import and export procedures.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills in English.
- Experience in developing and delivering technical assistance and capacity building programmes.
- Ability to strategize and plan ahead to meet changing needs and priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills, including eye for detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment and across time zones.
- The incumbent of the position needs to be highly motivated, proactive and accountable. In addition, the following interpersonal abilities are required: ability to communicate information clearly to both knowledgeable specialized audiences and general audiences; ability to work as a member of a team, relating to others while working independently to achieve his/her objectives; ability to supervise a group of people in their daily work and ability to initiate and build relationships with a variety of people both inside and outside the organization.
Check Also: Generation New Job Vacancy
How To Submit An Application For Head of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement Facility
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED