A ne Job recruitment is ongoing at ARB Apex Bank. The financial institution is looking for a Head of Legal Department.
The successful applicant will deliver effective legal and company secretarial services to the Board on all matters and provide advice to management on all issues that arise while executing the mandate of the Bank to RCBS in compliance with the relevant laws of Ghana.
The person will also make sure that all transactions protect the Bank’s resources and assets. Also, the person who gets the job will make sure that staff practices and behaviors are in line with the Bank’s stated vision, mission, culture, and values in order to promote a good professional attitude and culture.
- Take charge of the department and come up with its policies, strategies, and other support systems, such as operating manuals and legal operating procedures.
- Give legal advice, opinions, and support to management, business units/departments, and RCBs on a wide range of legal activities, such as ethics and good governance, when asked.
- Be in charge of making rules and other materials related to the Bank.
- Draft and review contracts, memorandum of understanding, service level agreements, as well as all legal documents for the Bank and for RCBS upon request.
- Be in charge of setting up Board meetings with the help of the Chairman of the Board and the Managing Director, taking minutes, and putting decisions into action.
- Record minutes of management meetings and track the implementation of all decisions.
- Make sure that all management and board committee meetings happen on time and that the minutes are filed in the right place at the department.
- Oversee the signing of agreements and make sure that the right legal steps and paperwork are taken.
- Look over the titles, write up the recitals, and make sure that all security paperwork, such as collaterals, mortgages, debentures, title registration, etc., is done according to the law.
- Show leadership by making sure that staff members follow professional and ethical standards, and guide and advise management and the Board of Directors on issues related to ethics and good governance.
- Manage and coordinate the Bank’s relationship with outside lawyers during all litigation processes and legal proceedings. This is to make sure that the Bank gets good service quickly and at the lowest possible cost.
- Take care of the legal parts of credit management, monitoring, and collections.
- Provide legal advice/support on a wide range of legal activities and labour-related issues, including negotiations of Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Be responsible for making sure that the department sends monthly reports to the Management Committee on time.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and a Barrister at Law (BL) from a recognized school, plus fifteen (15) years of experience in a reputable corporate institution or law firm, including five (5) years in a leadership position.
- A professional certificate or a master’s or doctoral degree in banking. If you know about money or accounting, that will be a plus.
- Must be a lawyer in good standing with a group of well-known lawyers.
- Operations in banking, which include the RCBS
- Know the rules and procedures for operations, finances, ensuring quality, and dealing with people.
- Banks and Specialized Deposit-Taking Institutions Act, 2016 (Act 930) and related laws and rules, as well as Bank of Ghana Directives.
- The ARB Apex Bank Limited Regulations of 2006 (L.I. 1825), the Labour Act of 2003, (Act 651). The 2019 Companies Act (Act 992) and other Acts that go along with it.
- Strong background and experience in managing business contracts
- Experience in handling litigation
- Developments and Trends in the Financial Services Industry.
- A high degree of professional ethics and integrity
- All other laws relating to the Banking business
Check Also: Offer Of Employment At Unilever
- Leadership skills
- Team builder/player
- Integrity and tough-mindedness
- Stakeholder management, negotiation, and networking
- Strong written and oral communication
- Must be discreet and have an eye for detail
- Maturity in handling complaints emanating from multiple sources at the same time.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in MS Suite – Word, Excel and
How To Submit Applications To ARB Apex Bank For The Job Recruitment
Submit your applications, accompanied by detailed a CV, photocopied certificates, ECOWAS Identity Card (Ghana Card names, addresses, contact telephones/e-mail addresses of two (2) referees. Forward it to email@example.com
Deadline: 17th March, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED