The Judicial service of Ghana has a new Job vacancy for the position of Head of Legal Department.
Duties / Responsibilities:
He/she will take the lead in:
- Preparing and filing writs, pleadings, submissions, statements of cases, witness statements, and other court and legal documents for and against the institution.
- Representing the institution in court and other places, like the Labour Commission, when necessary.
- Giving advice on civil matters, like high-profile cases that should be sent to the institution’s outside lawyers.
- Working with the institution’s outside lawyers to help them do their jobs.
- Researching and writing legal opinions on civil matters that affect the institution; drafting and/or reviewing letters, contracts, and agreements for and on behalf of the institution and keeping track of legal obligations under agreements to make sure they are met; helping to create, implement, or change the institution’s policies; giving the institution good legal advice and making suggestions to management when needed; conducting research a.
- Keeping track of the status of all court cases involving the institution in a database;
- Sending weekly and monthly work reports to the Line Manager;
- Doing any other tasks related to the job that are given.
Suggested: SHS Job At US Embassy Ghana
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be on the roll of lawyers and a member in good standing of the Ghana Bar Association.
- A Master’s in Public Administration or MBA would be helpful.
- Must have a strong sense of right and wrong and a track record of being honest.
- Must be very good at using ICT tools.
- At least 12 years of experience after getting a degree, with at least 5 years of administrative experience in a managerial role.
How To Send Application For Head of Legal Department (Judicial Service of Ghana)
Applicants who meet the requirements should send their CVs, relevant certificates, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references to:
The Judicial Secretary
Judicial Service of Ghana
Supreme Court Administration Block
P.O.Box 119, Accra
Deadline: February 6, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED