A Legal Officer is needed for employment at Judicial Service of Ghana.
Duties / Responsibilities:
He/she will assist in:
- Preparing and filing writs, pleadings, submissions, statements of cases, witness statements, and other court and legal documents, both for and against the institution.
- Representing the institution in court and other places, like the labour commission, when necessary.
- Giving advice on cases that should be sent to the institution’s outside lawyers so that they can do their jobs for the institution.
- Giving advice on how to follow the law.
- Doing research and writing legal opinions on civil matters that affect the institution;
- Drafting and/or reviewing letters, contracts, and agreements for and on behalf of the institution, and keeping track of legal obligations in contracts to make sure they are met;
- Helping the institution come up with, implement, and/or change its policies.
- Giving the institution good legal advice and making suggestions to management as needed.
- Doing research and giving advice on internal issues.
- Keeping track of all court cases involving the institution by keeping a database
- Providing corporate secretarial services
- Sending reports to the line manager when asked;
- Doing other tasks given
Qualifications and Experience:
- LLB/BA and BL; must be on the roll of lawyers and a member in good standing of the Ghana Bar Association;
- Must have a high moral character and a history of being honest;
- A Master’s degree would be a plus;
- Should be very good at using ICT tools and have experience working as a secretary for a company
How To Forward Your Application To Judicial Service of Ghana For This Position: Legal Officer
Applicants who meet the requirements should send their CVs, relevant certificates, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references to:
The Judicial Secretary
Judicial Service of Ghana
Supreme Court Administration Block
P.O.Box 119, Accra
Deadline: February 6, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED