There is a full time career slot at Abt Associates. They are hiring a Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) Lead for the upcoming USAID Empower West Africa Program. As the incumbent, you will oversee all activities related to the project’s GESI strategy and work to incorporate gender equity and social inclusion into our project activities. The position will be based in Accra, Ghana and is contingent upon project award.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight, and integration of GESI approaches across all development objectives and activities.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the project’s GESI strategy and support the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Team in the development and adaptation of tools and approaches to support the MEL strategy.
- Work closely with the MEL team to ensure that GESI concerns are reflected in the MEL plan and framework. Ensure gender sensitive performance indicators are in place and GESI outcomes are measured throughout the life of the project.
- Lead the design and integration of GESI activities and tools in work planning to promote gender equity in project implementation and achieve GESI project outcomes.
- Collaborate with the technical team on integrating GESI activities in technical assistance, grants, and capacity building. Use GESI analysis to purposefully engage women, girls, youth, and other vulnerable populations in all program activities.
- Work closely with program staff and partners to build their capacity and increase their understanding of GESI issues and integrate these in program activities.
- Liaise with stakeholders to engage under-represented demographics in employment opportunities within the energy sector.
- Design inclusion strategies for the energy sector and lead inclusion activities across program objectives.
Recommended: Amazing Career Opening At Lively Minds
- Master’s degree or equivalent in international affairs, gender studies, anthropology, international development, sociology, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience with gender equity and social inclusion, women’s empowerment, and work with marginalized or displaced populations, preferably in energy focused programming.
- Experience working in the energy sector in West Africa required.
- Experience working with USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred.
- Experience convening technical and management teams quickly to respond to client requests.
- Knowledge of Sub-Saharan Africa renewable energy, energy efficiency, and climate change policies, laws, and capacity constraints.
- Fluency in English required, and French fluency is preferred.
- West African nationals are encouraged to apply.
Application Guide For The Career At Abt Associates
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED