There are fresh employment slots At Underground Mining Alliance The Heavy-Duty Fitter, should be someone who is qualified and has experience. This is a Fixed-Term Contract job based in Obuasi with a competitive work schedule at its Obuasi operation. For the right candidate, the compensation package includes a good salary and bonuses based on how well they do their job.
You will have a great chance to advance your career in underground mechanized mining while working with experienced industry professionals in a safe, fast-paced, and goal-oriented environment.
Read Also: Panafrican Mining Limited Job Vacancy
- Workshop jobs include taking care of a large underground mining fleet.
- Go to places underground and on the surface where machines are breaking down.
- Trucks, Bogger, IT, Jumbo, Sandvik production drills, Normet charmec, Agi Truck, and Spraymec machines are inspected to make sure they keep working well.
- Using schematics, manuals, and electronic testing equipment to figure out what’s wrong with mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Adjusting equipment so that it works at its best, finding problems, and replacing broken parts.
- Fixing and rebuilding worn and broken parts of equipment.
- Heavy-duty vehicles need to be serviced daily and at set times to keep them running well.
- Check the machines and organize the parts that are needed to fix them before they break down.
- Changing out and fixing major parts of buckets, engines, transmissions, and drivelines when they need it.
- Talking to other mechanics to share knowledge and experience can help everyone fix things right.
- Telling the supervisor about broken or broken-down equipment and things that need to be fixed.
Skills or Experience Required:
- At least three years of experience operating Underground Haulage equipment in a mechanized hard rock mine, preferably underground.
- NVTI Part III or a diploma or degree in mechanical engineering from a recognized school.
- A certification from MINCOM as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Fitter will be a plus.
- Proven work experience in a mining environment as a Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Experience with Sandvik LH517I, LH621, LH517, and LH514 Boggers in underground mining tele-remote bogging is a plus.
- Must have a valid Ghanaian driver’s license and operating license (Classes C and E) and be able to drive underground.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team; must have strong work ethics and be able to talk to coworkers in a polite way; must be able to work under pressure and switch shifts; must have a basic understanding of computer testing technologies.
- Able to show the right amount of safety awareness
- A proactive approach to safety and figuring out where dangers are.
- Diesel engines and mining and construction equipment are well understood.
- Flexible and willing to help with a wide range of tasks and responsibilities
- If needed, they can work after hours.
- Good at talking to people.
Recommended: Panafrican Mining Limited Job Vacancy
How to Apply for this Job Opening at Underground Mining Alliance’s Fresh Slots
Forward your application together with a detailed resume and proof of your qualifications to: email@example.com
Deadline: February 14, 2023.
Please note that only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED