There are fresh employment slots At Underground Mining Alliance The Heavy-Duty Fitter, should be someone who is qualified and has experience. This is a Fixed-Term Contract job based in Obuasi with a competitive work schedule at its Obuasi operation. For the right candidate, the compensation package includes a good salary and bonuses based on how well they do their job.
You will have a great chance to advance your career in underground mechanized mining while working with experienced industry professionals in a safe, fast-paced, and goal-oriented environment.
Read Also: Panafrican Mining Limited Job Vacancy
- Workshop jobs include taking care of a large underground mining fleet.
- Go to places underground and on the surface where machines are breaking down.
- Trucks, Bogger, IT, Jumbo, Sandvik production drills, Normet charmec, Agi Truck, and Spraymec machines are inspected to make sure they keep working well.
- Using schematics, manuals, and electronic testing equipment to figure out what’s wrong with mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Adjusting equipment so that it works at its best, finding problems, and replacing broken parts.
- Fixing and rebuilding worn and broken parts of equipment.
- Heavy-duty vehicles need to be serviced daily and at set times to keep them running well.
- Check the machines and organize the parts that are needed to fix them before they break down.
- Changing out and fixing major parts of buckets, engines, transmissions, and drivelines when they need it.
- Talking to other mechanics to share knowledge and experience can help everyone fix things right.
- Telling the supervisor about broken or broken-down equipment and things that need to be fixed.
Skills or Experience Required:
- At least three years of experience operating Underground Haulage equipment in a mechanized hard rock mine, preferably underground.
- NVTI Part III or a diploma or degree in mechanical engineering from a recognized school.
- A certification from MINCOM as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Fitter will be a plus.
- Proven work experience in a mining environment as a Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Experience with Sandvik LH517I, LH621, LH517, and LH514 Boggers in underground mining tele-remote bogging is a plus.
- Must have a valid Ghanaian driver’s license and operating license (Classes C and E) and be able to drive underground.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team; must have strong work ethics and be able to talk to coworkers in a polite way; must be able to work under pressure and switch shifts; must have a basic understanding of computer testing technologies.
- Able to show the right amount of safety awareness
- A proactive approach to safety and figuring out where dangers are.
- Diesel engines and mining and construction equipment are well understood.
- Flexible and willing to help with a wide range of tasks and responsibilities
- If needed, they can work after hours.
- Good at talking to people.
Recommended: Panafrican Mining Limited Job Vacancy
How to Apply for this Job Opening at Underground Mining Alliance’s Fresh Slots
Forward your application together with a detailed resume and proof of your qualifications to: email@example.com
Deadline: February 14, 2023.
Please note that only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED