Newmont Mining Corporation has a new employment opportunity. The mining institution is searching for a Communications and External Relations Manager at Akyem.
About This Job:
You will lead the strategic development and execution of the Mine’s communications as well as government and external relations strategies to enhance the brand reputation of the mine, enhance employee and external stakeholder engagement and secure the social acceptance to operate and obtain access to approvals and lands required for operations.
Communications and External Relations Strategy
- Provide strategic planning and initiatives to strengthen the image and reputation of the Akyem mine, as well as Newmont’s operations and projects in Ghana through employee and stakeholder engagement.
- Manage corporate information and activities professionally.
- Manage and lead the Akyem mine’s Communications and External Relations Department in developing and implementing a strategy aligned with the regional and global communications strategy.
- Supervise and develop appropriate communications materials and key messaging on business activities, change initiatives, site operational performance, programmes, initiatives and special events for multiple communications channels/platforms, including social and digital channels.
- Collaborate in developing and implementing Newmont’s ‘Living our Values’ strategy to rally employees and contractors around the brand and values and embed them.
- Monitor and evaluate communications programme performance and effectiveness.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations)
- Masters’ Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, International Relations, English or a related degree.
- 10 – 15 years’ work experience in Public Relations, Communications, Media Relations or Journalism preferably in the extractive industry or multinational firm and at managerial level.
- Membership of a Professional Public Relations / Communications Institution is an added advantage.
- Strong media relations management skills.
- Spokesperson and public speaking skills.
- Social media and digital communications use and management skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced Communication skills.
Consider This One Too: Permanent Employment Vacancy At Robert Walters
Application Guide For Employment At Newmont Mining Limited
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED