Prof. Kwasi Opoku-Amankwa, the Director General of the Ghana Education Service (GES), has been sacked by President Akufo-Addo.
An official Presidential letter dated Monday, October 17 and signed by Secretary to the President Nana Bediatuo Asante announced his dismissal.
The letter states that his services are no longer needed at GES.
“The Ministry of Education has informed this Office that the exigencies that required your skills and expertise as Director-General of the Ghana Education Service do not exist any longer”, the letter explained.
“The President thanks you for your service to the nation and wishes you the very best in your future endeavours”, the letter added as the President wished him well in his future endeavors.
GES Director-General Sacked by Akufo Addo
Read Full Statement below:
In January of 2021, Professor Opoku-Amankwa was appointed on secondment from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
His contract was then extended in June 2021.
- YEA Recruitment for Prison Office Assistants 2022
- I have no reason to sack Ofori-Atta – Akufo-Addo says
- Unregistered sim cards will be blocked by end of October – Communications Ministry
- Sim Registration Deadline Passed: What happens to unregistered users?
- KNUST Releases 2022/2023 Reopening Date For Continuing Students
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED