Becoming a surrogate mother is a profound decision that deserves thoughtful consideration. To embark on this journey, it’s crucial to evaluate if surrogacy aligns with your life and values.
This commitment is an emotional and personal endeavor that requires extensive research, discussions with surrogacy professionals, and a balanced pros and cons assessment.
Who Is A Surrogate Mother?
A surrogate mother is a woman who carries and delivers a baby on behalf of another person or a couple. This action is typically backed by a legal and contractual arrangement.
Qualifications To Become one:
- You should have previously had one or more uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries.
- Your age must be between 21 and 40.
- Prospect should have at least one of your own children living with you.
- Only non-smokers are allowed to take up this role
- Reliable transportation is necessary.
- Financial stability is essential.
- A genuine desire to provide a unique form of assistance is important.
Check: How To Become An EU Citizen
Types Of Surrogacy
The two kinds of surrogacy are Gestational and traditional.
- Gestational surrogacy: It is more common, involving a surrogate carrying a child not genetically related to her.
- Traditional surrogacy: This typically means that, the surrogate both donates her egg and carries the child.
The Steps To Becoming A Surrogate:
- Assess if surrogacy aligns with your life, family, and lifestyle. Understand it’s a life-changing commitment and carefully weigh the pros and cons.
- Decide on the type of surrogate you want to be: traditional or gestational. Gestational surrogacy is generally preferred.
- Choose a surrogacy professional.
- Consider what you want in a match, as you’ll be building a connection with the intended parents. Families come in diverse forms; choose one that resonates with you.
- Satisfy legal requirements once you’ve selected a family to help. The terms should be agreed upon, reviewed by a lawyer, and then the process can commence.
If you’re considering becoming a surrogate seek guidance from a trusted health agency. Your surrogacy journey is an incredible gift to families seeking to expand their lives.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED