The Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD) is a government-controlled institution in Ghana that sets the cocoa buying price. Farmers are protected from the world market’s fluctuating prices by price-fixing. Aside from selling higher-quality hybrid seeds, the organisation also conducts research on diseases that affect cocoa plants.
The Cocoa Marketing Board was the name of the organisation from 1947 to 1979.
The Ghana Marketing Board, which dissolved in 1979 and was reconciled into the Ghana Cocoa Board, also known as Cocobod , was the first attempt to regulate market value and production in 1947. The Ghana Marketing Board was established by ordinance in 1947 with a working capital of 27 million Ghanaian Cedis. This Board was disbanded in 1979 and replaced by the Ghana Cocoa Board. This article will give you a brief overview and gist about Cocobod Workers Salary or how much they are paid on average In Ghana.
Cocobod Workers Salary In Ghana
Lower-level Cocobod employees make between GHC2,000 and GHC3,000 per month.
Cocobod senior employees make between GHC3,000 and GHC5,000 per month.
Professors make the most money, with a salary that is expected to exceed GHC96,000 per year.
Ghana’s Average Salary Ghana’s average annual salary is 119,463 GHS. The average annual salary is 40,529 GHS.
Work Positions in COCOBOD
- Assistant Account Officer (Degree in Accounting or Finance)
- Account Clerks (WASSCE)
- Clerk / Typists ( O’level or WASSCE)
- Security Assistants / Guards (GCE O’level WASSCE)
- Information Systems Technician (Diploma in Computer studies)
- Cartographic draughtsman (HND/Diploma in geometric engineering)
- Drivers (BECE plus driving licence D)
- Water Treatment Attendants (WASSCE plus certificate in Water Management Studies /NVTI 1 and 2 in Plumbing
- Technical Help officer (MSc Agriculture, Agronomy Extension)
- Assistant Technical Officer (Degree in Agriculture or Agronomy Extension)
- Principal Technical Assistant (Diploma in Agriculture or Agronomy Extension)
- Senior Technical Assistant (Certificate in Agriculture or Agronomy Extension)
Joseph Boahen Aidoo is the Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Cocoa Board, a position he has held since January 2017.
Duties of Workers
- All raw Cocoa Swollen Shoot Virus Disease (CSSVD) Control field data, including measured data, will be sent to you.
- Verify the accuracy of the field data you’ve received.
- Transform GPS data into maps with all of their attributes.
- Create maps that show relevant features like blocks, cocoa, coffee, and outbreak areas; cocoa types and age classes; and treated and replanted farms and their sizes.
- Assist Technical Assistants (TAs) in finishing the cocoa/coffee area records from the previous day (CDFA form).
- Prepare a summary analysis of the surveyed cocoa area to show the density of different cocoa age classes and types.
- Compile statistical data on CSSVD Control operations on a monthly, quarterly, annual, and other basis for management’s use.
- For all field operations, open and maintain all necessary registers.
- Prepare, review, and maintain maps to guide field surveys and/or show field work progress.
- Keep a record of everything you do so that you can refer back to it later.
- Teach/train field personnel on how to use, operate, and handle the GPS device, and report on any operational issues.
- When survey TAs are having trouble reading maps or orienting themselves, assist or guide them in identifying existing features in the field.
- CSSVD control records/reports system archiving and evaluation for future reference.
- Establish a link with other Departments/Sections and collaborate with them to achieve the Unit’s regional goal.
- Ensure that necessary operational registers are opened and maintained at the regional/district level.
- You must know how to use a computer.
- Possess the ability to decipher maps
- Possess the ability to work with GPS equipment (Handheld & Rovers).
- Must be able to work with at least two (2) mapping programs, preferably ArcGIS and AutoCAD.
Voila! By now, I believe you have the gist on COCOBOD, their Workers Salary and a brief of their duties. Kindly share this post to help educate others. Thank you for your time.
You might be interested in:
- COCOBOD latest recruitment hoax
- Ghana Police Service Salary
- Ghana Immigration Service Salary and Ranks 2022/2023
- Ghana Armed Forces Salary and Ranks 2022/2023
- Dates for Payment of Salary to Public Servants in 2022 ; Controller
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED