Newmont is looking forward to working with a new Tool Store Attendant.
About This Role:
- To provide an efficient tools management service for process maintenance team to achieve effective maintenance repairs and identification and replacement of defective tools.
- Ensure that waste generated by process maintenance is segregated and disposed of as required.
- To manage the safe operation of all tool room equipment including i.e., presses, surface grinders, power hand tools and safety gadgets/equipment etc.
In This Role You Will:
- Daily issuing of tools and portable hand machines.
- Manage and arrange tool store.
- Ensure that tools checked out from tool store are returned.
- Ensure tools are issued clean, safe to use and in an acceptable state to use.
- Ensure that consumables stocked in tool store are replenished as needed.
- Ensure tool containers are kept clean and organized.
- Periodic and proper accountability of tools to Workshop supervisor.
- Ensure that tools and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) attrition rates are held to acceptable levels.
- Issue Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) items to employees.
- Do not issue replacement items unless it is exchange for non-usable.
- Repair or arrange to have repaired damaged or worn tools, discard tools that are not feasible to repair and report to supervisor.
- Maintain and repair oil dispensing system, air regulators/lubricators, hose reels, pumps, and Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBC’s)
- Empty waste oil container as needed.
- Ensure shop is kept clean and hazard free.
- Keep yard area clean and free of rubbish.
- Clean or arrange to have cleaned all hydro-carbon.
- Maintain workshop floor.
- Inspect wash pad and report to supervisor.
Check Also: New Job Opportunities At Promasidor
Audits and checks
- Check and ensure safety colour codes on all the tools are certified and updated.
- Audit tools box given out to mechanic/electrician.
- Ensure a total and effective tools record keeping, both manually and electronically.
- Monitor Oil Water Separators; ensure function of unit do not allow container to overflow.
- Inspect emergency eye wash.
- Ensure oil bund container is kept as clean and valve under lock.
- Provide monthly report on damage/broken and missing tools (forms/out of service tag) and report to supervisor.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Accept personal responsibility for health and safety.
- Attend safety meetings.
- Adhere and comply to all stipulated Maintenance control regulations.
- Ensure all toolroom operations are in compliance with safety requirements promoting the company’s safety culture.
Your Training, Skills and Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- National vocational Trade Certificate(mechanical) or relevant certification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in mechanical engineering field.
- Ability to identify tools.
- Computer literate.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi task.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and strong, dedicated work ethics.
- Knowledge of International Organization for Standard (ISO) procedures – relevant to department.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Young Graduate Program 2023 At TotalEnergies
- Graduate Job Opportunity At Ecobank
- Graduate Job Recruitment At Bosch Africa
How To Submit An Application For Tool Store Attendant (Newmont )
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED