Simprints is looking for someone who is passionate about supporting the effective functioning of the etracker as part of their job Advertisement with the focus on providing direct support to facilities at the districts. The persons are expected to be based in the Eastern Region with frequent travels (up to 80% of the time) to health facilities within the districts.
Simprints is a nonprofit tech company with a mission to radically increase transparency and effectiveness in global development. We build ethical, inclusive digital ID powered by biometrics to verify that health, aid, and services truly reach people. Simprints partners with organizations like Gavi to boost immunization rates in developing countries, Ministries of Health like Ghana on pandemic response, and NGOs like BRAC to deliver maternal healthcare. Studies have shown Simprints increases impact through real-time, precision data, for example increasing maternal health visits by 38% in Bangladesh or accurate HIV tracing by 62% in Malawi. Today we’ve worked in over 17 countries helping deliver health, aid, and finance to >2.5M people. Our goal is to transform the way the world fights poverty, ensuring that every vaccine, every dollar, and every public good reaches the people who need them most.
You may check:
Duration of the assignment
- This assignment is for an initial period of 1-year and may be renewed subject to the availability of funding and performance.
- Conduct training/orientation and clinic sessions for Community Health workers on the use of the e-tracker, biometrics and stakeholder/community sensitizations.
- Analyze weekly usage performance and carry out targeted field support visits to sites with low performance.
- Identify and resolve any technical and operational issues within Simprints scope in collaboration with the line manager and implementing partners.
- Provide logistical support. These may include but are not limited to preparing and setting up devices, organizing training events, accommodation arrangements, facilitating and tracking payments to vendors and staff at the districts, etc.)
- Work with partners to identify needs for technical support and capacity building and help facilitate the provision of these needs
- Track/monitor day-to-day progress against project milestones and activities, against scheduled work plans and overall project objectives
- Promote shared learning and collaboration between partners by facilitating partner networks and meetings
- Be proactive in providing information, case studies, interesting news stories etc relating to the projects
- Coordinate with the District health information officers to ensure the following:
- Relationships with key focal persons are maintained at the district level. These include health workers and community leaders.
- Monthly supervisory and support monitoring visits are ongoing
- Facility peer support approach is being tracked and functioning
- All issues related to the etracker have been logged and escalated to the Regional Health Information Officer for resolution
- All issues related to biometrics are either resolved or escalated to the Simprints Project Manager
- Ensure that all new CHWs are appropriately trained.
You must be passionate about your work and have the mindset of not just ticking the box but strive to achieve impact. You are a quick learner and thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment. At the core, you must possess the following:
- Knowledge in data collection systems. You have a background in mobile data collection, working with case management systems and transactional data.
- Good analytical skills: You have experience with digging into and making meaning from qualitative and quantitative data. You understand privacy and information management ethical concerns and ability to manage information management activities within ethical guidelines
- Strong training skills. We work across multiple sectors with a variety of stakeholders. Being able to tailor training to audiences of varying technical literacy levels, for a number of different use cases and workflows is crucial. You are comfortable conducting in-person training in resource-limited settings.
- Attention to detail and proactive implementation. Global development work is complex and unpredictable. To proactively anticipate risks, assess implicit requirements on top of contractual deliverables, and successfully meet ever-changing needs, you need to be able to translate a high-level idea into concrete, detailed action steps and documentation.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills. You are empathetic and seek to understand different perspectives, bring clarity to ambiguous or ill-defined needs, can negotiate diplomatically when there are competing interests, and influence across stakeholder groups to secure buy-in and alignment .
- Time management. You are organised, process-oriented, and attentive to following through on planned tasks and activities. You know how to allocate and shift resources to provide support to team members as needed, ensuring that project deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Familiarity with community organizing: You’ve done grassroots organizing work yourself, or you’ve worked closely with on-the-ground movement builders to support and facilitate their work.
- Language & communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with experience to influence advocacy. Expected to be multilingual and can at least speak 1 local language in projects they are managing. If required, should be open to learning new language
Nice to have but not required
- Experience configuring or implementing data collection platforms: such as DHIS2, CommCare, ODK, OpenSRP, and/or other technology platforms commonly used in global development. You are knowledgeable about, have designed, or implemented workflows common among frontline workers in development programs (e.g. health care, aid distribution, research, education).
- Understanding of technical concepts. You are able to understand at a high level the technical elements of desktop, mobile and cloud software services and applications with a specific emphasis on data concepts. You should also be able to create data flow diagrams and understand privacy impact assessments.
How To Submit Application for the Job Advertisement at Simprints
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED