The services of a Senior Operational Risk Officer at Standard Chartered Bank.
- The management and monitoring of all the operational risk Standard Chartered Group and its subsidiaries are exposed to because of the business activities and processes that exist in Ghana.
- This includes oversight of the Country’s operational risk profile of the organisation and work with the business and functions to identify material risks requiring management attention.
- To ensure that operational risks are properly assessed; those processes, roles and responsibilities are clearly understood; that all risk / return and control cost / benefit decisions are made transparently on the basis of a complete and proper assessment, and all controls are implemented in accordance with the Group’s standards and in line with the Risk Appetite.
- To ensure Operational Risk Framework and all associated policies and procedures and the Risk Management Framework are effectively embedded and communicated in country.
- To be the central point of contact for the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and its related Frameworks/Standards/Policies within the country arising within the processes, including being responsible for the evaluation of the design and operational effectiveness of all controls.
- To ensure risks of processing failure are being actively managed and monitored on an end-to-end basis in-country; including providing regular control assessments of required controls and escalation in instances.
- Favourable external, internal and regulatory audit results e.g. absence of audit failures or audits rated ‘improvement required’, absence of near misses and only acceptable results at independent control sample testing.
- ERC acknowledgement that controls have been made more efficient and effective and operational risks reduced and attestation to a complete country risk profile and awareness of emerging risks
The Ideal Candidate:
- Operational risk management experience.
- Business/function experience.
- A clear understanding of the Bank’s approach to the management of operational risk, or equivalent experience gained in other organisations.
- Ability to leverage resources across the organisation to complete deliverables.
- Sound judgement and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships.
How To Send An Application For The Role Operational Risk Officer
Closing Date: 16th May, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED