Chirano Gold Mine is looking for a self-starter who is well-organized and pays close attention to details as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer.
- Reporting to the Chief Geotechnical Engineer, the role will focus on maintaining and developing strategic geotechnical functions at both Underground and Open Pit Operations to maximize operational efficiency and profitability.
- Provide geotechnical advice on mine design, schedule, and ground/wall support for both underground and open pit mining operations.
- Evaluate the planned goals and come up with the best geotechnical engineering solutions to reach them. Also, do an analysis of stope and pillar designs, mining sequencing, and ground support designs.
- Follow and promote the company’s policies and procedures for the environment, health, safety, and operations, and take an active role in the company’s Continuous Improvement Programme.
- Takes an active role in safety meetings and promotes safe ways to do work.
- Execute short-, medium-, and long-term plans that help the geotechnical function grow.
- Help get the organization’s overall strategy done by putting into action plans to improve geotechnical practices and performance.
- Contribute to the company’s ability to mine safely by identifying risks and threats to meeting goals and creating and managing programs to reduce or get rid of those risks.
- Create and improve geotechnical engineering processes, practices, and methods, and make sure they fit with the organization’s long-term goals.
- Develop systems and measures that can accurately evaluate geotechnical performance and track progress to make sure goals are met.
- At the beginning of your shift, check underground geotechnical activities to make sure the right steps are being taken.
- Coordinate the gathering of data, the analysis of that data, and the evaluation of reports so that geotechnical designs are sound.
- Do evaluations and assessments of trends in advance and report the results at daily or weekly production meetings.
- Work closely with the mine planning engineers, geologists, and Operations to make sure designs are strong and safe.
- Build the skills of the team to make it easier for the function to meet its financial and operational goals; identifies the roles that need to be filled in the future and the high-potential employees; and actively develop key talent.
- Do any other tasks that your Supervisor or Manager gives you.
Skills or Experience Needed:
- First degree in geology, mining, or civil engineering, preferably with a focus on geotechnical engineering or rock mechanics.
- Having a master’s degree or higher in Geotechnical Engineering or a similar field will be a plus.
- At least five years of practical experience in both surface mining and underground mining.
- Shown that they are able to do technical geotechnical work with little oversight.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects of design basis and mechanisms identification, as well as the ability to show how they affect designs.
- Good knowledge of how to use numerical modeling tools like DIPS, UNWEDGE, MAP3D, and PHASE 2 and the ability to figure out what they mean.
- Must know and understand the Mining Inspection Act and Regulations, the Duty of Care Standards, and the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2012 L.I. 2182.
- Must know a lot about how underground mining works and have a good safety record on both a personal and a professional level.
- Learn about health and safety procedures in mining.
- Must have a valid Ghanaian driver’s license and be able to drive safely and well.
How To Submit An Application For Senior Geotechnical Engineer at Chirano Gold Mines
Send their applications, curriculum vitae, and pertinent certifications to: Chiranohr.email@example.com with Operations Manager in the subject line.
Application Deadline: March 24, 2023.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED