There is a job vacancy for the role Senior Finance Officer (Treasury) At AfCFTA.
Purpose of Job:
To manage treasury function and process payments in accordance with African Union Financial Rules.
- Prepare and develop reports, budgets and work programs related to the operation of the AfCFTA
- Provide support for the development of the resource mobilization strategy with stakeholder coordination
- Conducts complex analysis and generates timely and accurate reports for internal organizational use
- Prepares departmental budgets in accordance with relevant frameworks
- Ensure that all payments are authorized and legitimate supporting documentation are provided;
- Coordinate SAP enhancement projects under the Financial Management Unit of Directorate of Finance;
- Manage the investment of AfCFTA excesses funds in accordance AU Financial Rules;
- Manage and improve the procedures and controls in relation to the timely processing of all payments;
- Monitor, analyse, and manage open items; monitors and reports status of open items to supervisor.
Recommended: Job Update At BlueCrest University College
- Oversee electronic cash receipt and cash disbursement processing and accounting
- Prepare daily cash positioning activities including managing daily liquidity, cash position reconciliation and bank reporting
- Maintain an efficient system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities and provide support for regulatory reporting;
- Ensure compliance with Staff Rules and Regulation and Financial Rules;
- Conduct careful and thorough investment research and make specific investment recommendations to the Director of Finance and the Secretary General;
- Manage AfCFTA investments and relationships with various Financial Institutions;
- Perform responsible and complex treasury management activities.
- Perform cash flow analysis for cash management decisions
- Lead Financial Management Unit within AfCFTA
- Analyze problems/issues and recommend alternative solutions.
- Manages and supervises staff under his/her supervision with respect to organization and performance evaluation
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned programs; recommend and administer policies and procedure
- Contributes to the development of strategies, policies, programs and plans
- Respond to internal/external audit observations and implement successfully audit recommendation;
- Lead in identifying cash management risk and developing mitigating strategies
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Head of Division.
View Also: MTN Ghana Latest Job Posting
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience:
- A master’s degree in finance, accounting, banking and finance, business administration or a related field with Seven (7) years of relevant work experience of which three (3) years at the supervisory level.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, banking and finance, business administration or related field with Ten (10) years of relevant outside work experience of which three (3) years at the supervisory level
- A professional qualification such as CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, Expert Comptable or equivalent is an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience in managing and establishing treasury and disbursement functions.
- Experience in managing and processing payments.
- A sound and detailed knowledge of financial rules/policies of public/international organization.
- In-depth experience in managing investments and Special Funds.
- Experience working with enterprise resources management (ERP) systems, particularly SAP.
- Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary)
- A Housing allowance of US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum)
- For internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Other Recommended Posts:
- Job Post At American Bureau Of Shipping
- Massive Job Recruitment Ongoing At Hubtel
- Kidi allegedly down with stroke? Lynx Manager gives updates
How To Submit An Application For Senior Finance Officer -Treasury At AfCFTA
Deadline: April 17, 2023
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED